All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Changing exit key for mame games

bjh

I know that this is not quite a GameEx question, but I have gotten some great help in this forum on several occasions, so I thought I would post this question here.

I am running Mame32 and Visual Pinball (VP) on my home arcade using GameEx as the front end for both. I have everything running great (after much work) except for the ability to exit out of VP games from my control panel. In order to exit out of VP games, you need to hit escape and I have no escape button on the control panel, so I have to get out the keyboard and hit it there. Not very practical for my kids to use.

After much searching, there does not seem to be a way to remap the exit function within VP. It looks like I am going to have to re-map a button on my control panel (to escape) in order to exit out of VP games from the control panel. I plan on re-maping the button that is used to exit out of Mame games for consistency. It is currently mapped to "P". If I do it, then I have to reconfigure the Mame setting to exit by hitting escape and not P. Can anyone help me with that? Or if someone has another solution, I am certainly open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks

Changing the Esc key in MAME is very easy. Just enter the configuration by hitting 'tab', go into general controls and see which option currently is mapped to 'esc'. I think it's the "cancel" option. Voilá!

Emph