All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Vector Arcade Remakes

Krakerman

Thanks for thinking they're good. :D

I've done what I can to make them arcadecab friendly - despite not having one myself.

...and 4 of those 5 games are also available for OSX if that's your "thing".

Enjoy. :)

Well, you have to change that - or at least setup an HTPC with GameEx! B) Welcome to the GameEx forum! Very cool remakes indeed!

So when will Black Widow be completed?

Err...hrmm...soon-ish. :lol:

Seriously though. I'm currently trying to finish my remake of X-Quest 2. Then I'll finish my original game 'Neon Invasion Earth'. Then I'll finish Black Widow.

...it's mostly completed already though - the big holdup are the bonus levels (every 4th level if I remember correctly) where I need to learn something about splines first - to get the enemies flying right (unless I think of a way to fake it ;)), but basically - once I get going again it shouldn't take long.

Oh, and the controls too. I'm not quite sure how many options I want in the final version (currently it takes 8 keys to control it = 4 to move & 4 to shoot...just like in Robotron), but I should also support joypad controls...and that's a bitch to code. <_<

That's what xpadder is for my friend. ;)

These will fit in rather nicely with the retro collection I already have going. :-)

Hey Sokurah nice remakes and THANKS for sharing they are so cool and as Adultery has the same as me a retro section on my htpc we're all for these so please keep on doing more. :)

Oh my lord! Is that Binary Land I see there?

lol it sure is :-)

Hey Sokky! Welcome to the GameEx forums mate! B)

Hey HK. Nice seein' ya.

So...this is where you hang out when you're not over at RBP. :D

Oh my lord! Is that Binary Land I see there? Huge props Sokurah! Can't wait to get these set up on my rig!

Thanks. Let me know what you think of Binary Land. I think it turned out really well.

...it won a competition y'know (...although, there was only my entry so I don't think it counts. :lol: )

Hey Sokurah nice remakes and THANKS for sharing they are so cool and as Adultery has the same as me a retro section on my htpc we're all for these so please keep on doing more. :)

No problem. I love doing it. B)

You did an awesome job of those vector games!;) Looking forward to Black Widow as well. However I found a few of those when I tried to setup my gamepad (Wireless xbox 360) the cursor just started taking off by itself in the options screen. I had to leave it at keyboard controls and use Pinnacle Game Profiler to use it with my gamepad. The games were Omega Race 2009 and Star Castle. Haven't tested the others but I do know Space Fury worked great and it didn't happen on that game for some reason.

Thanks again!!

You did an awesome job of those vector games!;) Looking forward to Black Widow as well. However I found a few of those when I tried to setup my gamepad (Wireless xbox 360) the cursor just started taking off by itself in the options screen. I had to leave it at keyboard controls and use Pinnacle Game Profiler to use it with my gamepad. The games were Omega Race 2009 and Star Castle. Haven't tested the others but I do know Space Fury worked great and it didn't happen on that game for some reason.

Errhm, yeah, I know about the joypad problem, but I've found that about a second of button-mashing while in the game will make it go away and not return. That works for me anyway and it was easier to live with that, than to try and solve the problem. ;) ...that being said, I'll look into really solving the problem if it's something that bothers people...but I rarely get any feedback at all. :(

The reason you get the problem with those two games is because Star Castle was built on the code from Omega Race 2009, so they're likely to suffer from the same problems (although I think I stripped most joypad code out while working on Star Castle, and I may not have put it back in - in the same exact way).

Space Fury and Zektor was done much earlier and they don't share any control related code, so that's why they don't suffer the same problems. Actually, while I have lots of code that I tend to re-use from project to project (like for scores and entering names) I don't have any standard code of controls, which is why the code changes from game to game and thus why a problem like this can appear. :unsure:

At least I know I wasn't going crazee hahahaha That's ok I just use my trusty Pinnacle Game Profiler and created a keyboard to gamepad for those games and works perfect!

Black Widow looks really nice I'm sure it's gonna be a blast to play as your games look and play amazing on my 47" Vizio!! I almost prefer to play your version than the actual arcade especially Star Castle!! Gret Job... My only recommendation make more vector game remakes !!!! hahahaha :P

Did someone say starwars?

Have you seen the return of the jedi project that urbaninteractive is working on?...

Also check out his 3d starstrike available here..

http://www.urbaninteractive.net/

Aswell as the project blog on this site if you go back through the pages he has made a damn good starwars cab.

Also buried deep in the blog is the custom front end he made to launch sw, empire strikes back and eventually rotj i have this on my cab just for kicks, enjoy.

• 1 year later...

How about...now! :D

I finally got 'round to finishing my remake of Black Widow and it's available for both Windows and OSX, here;

http://tardis.dk/wordpress/?p=922

Hopefully it works in a cab too. ;)

Personally I prefer using the keyboard to play, but I've also added joypad controls and there's a config menu which should make it easy to set yours up too - if you have one (I can't guarantee it works with all joypads, though - but it definitely works better than earlier efforts at implementing joypad controls).

Enjoy. :)

dlwix.png

• Like 2