All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

advanced config editor keymapingproblem

nexus6

I want to play the PC game "Trouble Witches" (Demo: http://pc.gamezone.com/downloads/item/trouble_witches_demo/ )on my cabinet.

The game uses the Y, X, C and V keys or Gamepad.

I have remaped the keys with the GameEx advanced config editor. It works, but when i hold down the firebutton the witch stops to shoot after a few seconds. With the original keys it's no problem to shoot permanently.

Did anyone has an idea, whats happening here?

I use xpadder for key mapping instead of GameEx, so I can't help there. Sorry! :(

Is there a program like xpadder which does the same to pressed keys instead of the gamepadbuttons?

Or is there a solution to do it wit the GameEx config editor without problems, posted above?

Joy2Key, pinacle game profiler, and Xpadder would handle this job well. I feel like GameEx's integration is good in simple situations, but personally I prefer a more advanced solution.

Nexus6 - Color me confuzzled. If you need Keyboard -> Keyboard mapping, um, why use a mapping utility and just use a keyboard directly?:blink: I know with Logitech Game Profiler you can record your key presses for the game pad so if you need a combo for a button, you could program a button to fire repeatedly x the number of repeating the key press in the recording. Of course you will have to press the "repeated fire" button several times as needed. Can you provide a little more clarification of what you are trying to achieve? Might help if you told us what kind of controller you are using (Gamepad, arcade controls, etc.). If arcade controls, let us know if you are using IPAC or similar interface for your controls.

OK, i’m using an iPad. But testing it on my other "normal" PC, i’ve got the same problem.

The game, posted above, has defined keys which cannot be configured. I want to map them to the usual MAME-keys.

Rapid fire is no option, because the game reacts different, when you firing rapidly or holding fire down.

When i use the GameEx advanced config editor and holding the firebutton pressed, the witch fires for a few seconds and stops firering then. Using the original keys, the whitch fires permanently while holding fire down.

Can always just script something to remap your keys to your liking using something like AutoIt or AutoHotKey. I suggest using AutoHotKey as it's very easy to do something of this nature. There are a few threads in the forums that show how to remap keys. Our scriptors may be of some help if asked politely. Just read the documentation here.

Example:

a::b

This maps a to b if I remember correctly. Sorry, I'm more familiar with AutoIt.

As far as your issue, I'm sorry for your inconvenience. I've never known GameEx mapping to behave this way. It could be the game itself or a bug introduced. Hard to test without your exact setup. Further testing will have to be done.

The other thought I had on this was, are your Sticky Keys disabled?

Doesn't that pop up a Windows diag window if it kicks in though?

It should which is why I made the assumption. But I know I had to tweak windows 7 to deal with it. Just don't remember exact details. Not sure what OS the OP is using either. More info would be useful.

• 3 weeks later...

I've tried Hotkey and it works fine :)

So it seems, that the GameEx Advance Config Editor has problems to remap keys, pressed for a long time.