All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Dont use energizer rechargeable batteries w\xbox360 controller

mesk

it seems the energizer rechargeable's are fatter then other batteries and after ahwile they stretch out the battery packs and the connects stop touching and the controller just keeps shutting off.

While playing mortal kombat online last night this kept happening,as a result I kept losing which made me slam the controller off the floor.360 controllers bounce really high! :lol:

So now im thinking of buying that new silver xbox cotroller the one with the redesigned d-pad.anyone currently own one of these?

Ok, let me get this straight. YOU put in fat batteries and and you assaulted your 360 wireless controller because it lost connection? MS must love ya! Anger management classes, anyone? biggrin.gif

Ok, let me get this straight. YOU put in fat batteries and and you assaulted your 360 wireless controller because it lost connection? MS must love ya! Anger management classes, anyone? :D

It DOES NOT say ANYWHERE in the console manual OR the manual that came with my second controller to not use rechargeable batteries,or to only use specific ones I called M$ and they are going to replace one of them for me,no charge :)

TBH,I really cant believe I did that,lol it was a bad day all together and the controller paid the price LMAO

I use a battery pack for mine, but I think it's a NyKo charging station. The battery packs fit perfectly. :)

I have 2 silver xbox controllers for the xbox but admittedly I never use the xbox. GameEx really sucks up all my free time. :)

Yeah the d-pad has a 4-way that twists into the disc. I thought it looked silly but the kids love it.

Microcenter has replacement battery compartments for $2 I believe. I just snagged a refurb Xbox360 a few weeks ago and noticed my rechargeable batteries are a snug fit as well. Rayovacs not Energizer, but still fairly snug.

Poor 360 controller. Go info to know though. I want the 360 controllers that Adultery uses, which are those? Wired contollers suck, wish I would have went wireless from the get go.

I use these controllers, but you gotta get the rechargable battery pack seperate. My charging station came with 2 battery packs. You will also need this so your PC can "see" the controller (one reciever can handle 4 controllers with head set).

Be advised if you decide to go that route that once your controller turns off windows takes it out of the controller menu as if it didn't exist. This in turn causes emulators to lose their mapping if you start the emu without all your controllers on. Xpadder came into the mix then, and it took awhile to set everything up just right, but was well worth it once it was all said and done.

I use the play and charge kit that came with it's own rechargeable battery pack it was like $19 at Gamestop. I'm not sure if this will help though. I never had a problem with it. Been using it a year now :)

I was mistaken, it's an Intec charging staion. It works great, and fits snugly in the bottom door of my coin door. Haven't really hardcore tested though, we'll see if they still work after 6 months. ;)

I get most crap via mail order since I live in a small town, but NyKo stuff in general is ok.