All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

I'm back [In Memoriam of Robert P. Noon aka Ninja Rygar]

Ninja Rygar

Back? Didn't even notice you were gone! LOL. :P JK

Welcome Home! Hope you're felling better! ;)

Thanks fRequEnCy, I kinda figured that was the case anyway, since not a whole lot goes on around here besides people asking for advice (And I've never been the best advice giver.) But anyway, I am actually feeling somewhat better, but unfortunately Cancer is one of those problems that just doesn't GO AWAY on it's own. I'm doing really good though and I'm hanging in there.

Thanks fRequEnCy, I kinda figured that was the case anyway, since not a whole lot goes on around here besides people asking for advice (And I've never been the best advice giver.) But anyway, I am actually feeling somewhat better, but unfortunately Cancer is one of those problems that just doesn't GO AWAY on it's own. I'm doing really good though and I'm hanging in there.

Any advice given is always welcomed around here and appreciated. So you were missed! ;)

I know all about Cancer! Big thing in my family from my dad's side. Glad you're doing good! Also glad to see your return! We're here for ya! :wub:

Any advice given is always welcomed around here and appreciated. So you were missed! ;)

I know all about Cancer! Big thing in my family from my dad's side. Glad you're doing good! Also glad to see your return! We're here for ya! :wub:

Thank you so much! I've said it before, I'll say it again, this is the best damn forum on the internet!

• 1 year later...

LATE UPDATE: I had been in sporadic contact via PM with Rob aka Ninja Rygar a few times after his last post in this thread but then lost contact, After a little digging to find his full real name, I was able to determine that he did not survive his battle with cancer, having passed away just a few weeks after on May 18, 2011. His online obituary can be found here.

He was an energetic and friendly soul that, even though his time in the forums was relatively short, he left a positive impression. While a bit late, rest in peace my friend. Pain is not for you any longer and may its sting fade in the hearts of those you touched and loved in the short time you were here that remain until their time comes to join you in God's embrace.

I will leave this thread open for a while so others that knew him may respond with words of tribute to him as they wish, then will lock it permanently.

Man I feel like the wind just left my sails. Ninja Rygar was an earnest, humble, knowledgeable, and all around good guy. In some cases it's easy to say those things in hindsight, but in Rob's case it is the absolute the truth. He always had a positive outlook, and never made a big deal about his illness despite the serious nature of what he was dealing with. I honestly don't know that any of us knew just how serious it was. Not to put too fine a point on it, but in my early days here Ninja Rygar was one of those members that made this place seem like a second home (to me at least). Rob we miss you buddy. Hope you're getting your game on up there.

Draco despite the fact that this is very sad news, I really appreciate the update. I had often wondered what became of Ninja Rygar. It's good to have some closure rather than wondering, and to have the opportunity to properly honor his memory. Thanks again.

Wow... that sucks!

He will be missed... Someone should do a theme in his honor... or at least promote him to elite if he isn't already. :*(

It feels just the same as losing a member of the family IRL.... goes to show how tightly knit we all are around here.

God bless ya, my friend... See ya on the flip.

I have found as I get older and continue to experience losses of friends and family along the way, those that remain become much more precious to me. You begin to realize that the number of sunrises and sunsets we have to experience are not infinite and you never know which one you will experience last. I guess that is coming to grips with our frail mortality. Sorry to sound like a major downer and fatalistic as that is not my intent here. It is my hope that, for myself and others, that we can reflect on these types of experiences and take something back that is good and can be shared with others.

well said and i dont think anybody here thinks ur being a downer ur just saying it as it should, people and memmories are very treasured and as u have said as u get older u treasure family and friends even more, and i know my Uncle passed away a few days ago' but i have great memories that will never fade.

Thanks mike, got some spare time now so should be pretty active, although im not the best at giving advise or tips i'll still be lurking about.

I'm totally throttled by this. I tried to respond yesterday but couldn't find the words. Even though we are a community here of complete strangers across the interwebs and miles of oceans and land, I do feel we have a sort of "family" here. We help each other, crack on each other, share the same interests and laugh together sometimes. We lost one of ours. Fair winds and following seas Rob. Elite Forever.

• 2 weeks later...