All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] mame 141u4

mesk

Anyone else having problems since compiling 141u4? since I compiled it,gameeex no longer launches mame games,other emulated games work fine,and here it comes IT WORKS OUTSIDE OF GAMEEX FINE :lol:

log attached

-Running: cmd.exe /c D: D:\Mame\mame.exe 1943u -rompath I:\Emulation\Roms\Mame Roms;I:\Emulation\Roms\Mame CHD -bezel -artwork_directory artworkgameex

-artwork_directory has changed to -artpath since 141u4. disable bezel in attract mode and game mode

^^good to know in advance! :)

I don't use beta builds, so perhaps this will be fixed before the next stable build comes out.

-Running: cmd.exe /c D: D:\Mame\mame.exe 1943u -rompath I:\Emulation\Roms\Mame Roms;I:\Emulation\Roms\Mame CHD -bezel -artwork_directory artworkgameex

-artwork_directory has changed to -artpath since 141u4. disable bezel in attract mode and game mode

UPDATE:disabling bezels certainly did the job,thanks flocke28!! :)

so am I right to assume that this is a gameex problem,and maybe Tom should be notified?

@Alpha: Tom can make GameEx do what it needs to based on MAME revision (like he currently does for V1 and V2 bezels) so any changes shouldn't matter if you use an older version. :)

@Stilk: you use a beta build? Or a 'U' build rather?

I haven't compiled the latest 141u4 build but have found that the UI seems to be less problematic as of late than the cmd line MAME builds. Not sure why unless there is something in the GUI that does a better job of handling the bezels than vanilla.

Huh? When you compile you use the diff files for the interim builds for the version. Not sure I am following you. Anyways, the 0.142 release should be out in a week or two so it won't matter - just gonna download that instead of compiling for the u builds and compile the hi score fix accordingly to rid the nag screens and enable hi score support.

@Alpha: Tom can make GameEx do what it needs to based on MAME revision (like he currently does for V1 and V2 bezels) so any changes shouldn't matter if you use an older version. :)

@Stilk: you use a beta build? Or a 'U' build rather?

I believe it's using U3 still due to the memory leak? So that's why I probably don't have the problem.

I haven't compiled the latest 141u4 build but have found that the UI seems to be less problematic as of late than the cmd line MAME builds. Not sure why unless there is something in the GUI that does a better job of handling the bezels than vanilla.

What I was saying Draco was that there is a problem with mameui 141u4 right now,there is a memory leak.Just for the record,I have never had any problems with bezels until now and I have always used CL mame :)