All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] zx spectrum emulator

simbamame

Does any body use a spectrum emulator in GameEX and if so which one?....ive tried zxpectrum4 it works outside of gameex but not in it ive tried the command line zxspectrum4.exe "name of rom" without success as its a drop the rom file into the emulator program.there is no details about config in the readme and cant find any info in google.any advice accepted or if there is a better one to use.

SM

Thanks but im not prepared to pay £20 for summit i may use only once in a blue moon is on the cab for posterity really.

SM

Agreed. Kind of falls into my logic paths of "do I need to install EVERY emulator and have every ROM that is out there?" followed by "if I look about enough, I can probably find that very same game emulated on a different platform" or "I have survived how long without it and if will I continue if I don't?"

Have you tried ZX Spectrum 4 .net?

There are usually a few alternatives when it comes to emulators. I always try to go for the free ones myself unless a paid one is really that much better. Emulation sites are the best way to find this information. Emulation sites have a list of emulators for a particular system and sometimes have ratings based on the emulation community and the site as well to give an idea of which are the better ones.

Krakerman has been about for a while so if he says it is good it probably is. While I am not emulating the console (yet) I did a quick "google" for ZX Emulators and was surprised at the number that show up with many very actively supported.

Agreed. Kind of falls into my logic paths of "do I need to install EVERY emulator and have every ROM that is out there?" followed by "if I look about enough, I can probably find that very same game emulated on a different platform" or "I have survived how long without it and if will I continue if I don't?"

Have you tried ZX Spectrum 4 .net?

hi, thats the one im using its works ok but cant gameex to run the game from a list of roms it just puts up the zxspectrum4 window and then i have to select a rom to play, how do i get GameEx to run the rom?

• 3 weeks later...

For the Sinclair Spectrum use the Emulator "EmuZwin 2.7"

- Commandline: EmuZWin.exe /FULLSCREEN "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

For the Sinclair Zx81 use "Eightyone 1.0a"

- Commandline: EightyOne.exe "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

Both Emulators work fine together with GameEx.

i hope that's help a little.

For the Sinclair Spectrum use the Emulator "EmuZwin 2.7"

- Commandline: EmuZWin.exe /FULLSCREEN "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

For the Sinclair Zx81 use "Eightyone 1.0a"

- Commandline: EightyOne.exe "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

Both Emulators work fine together with GameEx.

i hope that's help a little.

hi,thanks ive tried emuzwin and installed threw gameex list appears ok select game then all i get is a black screen if ipress spacebar i can hear the game running in the back ground but no picture, tried running not in windowed mode but still get a black screen.

SM

I use ZX spin, works with GameEx and is a very accurate emulation of the real thing.

Greets,

Arjen

thanks now using ZX Spin works fine in GameEx just one question how to you exit in full screen mode as the ESC key does not work or exit game, im using a cabinet?

You should be able to make GameEx take over once ESC is pressed in advanced config. Set MAP KEYS to YES.