All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Controller/Keyboard/Mouse combo for gaming HTPC

Kustom Kid

Since we're on the subject and I see you use XBOX 360 controls on your setup, I have a quick question:

WARNING! OFF TOPIC POST AHEAD!

I have one of those snap-in keyboards for my 360. If I set an XBOX controller up as a controller for my cabinet while I wait for my buttons to come, can I use the keyboard as a replacement for the regular keyboard? Have you tried this?

http://www.missingre...amepad-keyboard

Kinda neat I guess if you're using a HTPC for gaming/emulation. I'm not sure I'll trade in my DiNovo Mini and Xbox360 controller any time soon, but if the DiNovo dies this might be a viable option.

I like the idea but, that thing is horrendous! I personally have my eye on this one. It's handheld, has a trackball and looks super easy to use.

OMG, no Celly! First - it is a Lenovo (Chinese for C-R-A-P like the laptop I use at work). Second - it looks like a fat lady's bicycle seat and a sex toy got busy and made offspring!

Since we're on the subject and I see you use XBOX 360 controls on your setup, I have a quick question:

WARNING! OFF TOPIC POST AHEAD!

I have one of those snap-in keyboards for my 360. If I set an XBOX controller up as a controller for my cabinet while I wait for my buttons to come, can I use the keyboard as a replacement for the regular keyboard? Have you tried this?

There's an alpha driver for it HERE with instructions HERE. It only works for wired controllers at this point. Microsoft has pretty much said they have no plans to support the chatpad on the PC. You'll still be lacking mouse functionality if you need that.

celly, that's pretty god-awful. I'll stick with my overpriced DiNovo for now. And yes, the one I posted it pretty bad, too, but it replaces 2 or 3 peripherals.