All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

If I ever do build a cabinet...

Kustom Kid

...I'm working off of the Golden Tee Showcase cabinet.

e05d7439.jpg

I know these aren't particularly new, but it's the first time I've seen one up close. It looks pretty swank with a 42" LCD hanging up there for a monitor. I read on a site that it can handle up to a 50" screen. Now all I have to do is gather up about $2K and get this project started.

...I'm working off of the Golden Tee Showcase cabinet.

e05d7439.jpg

I know these aren't particularly new, but it's the first time I've seen one up close. It looks pretty swank with a 42" LCD hanging up there for a monitor. I read on a site that it can handle up to a 50" screen. Now all I have to do is gather up about $2K and get this project started.

Im actually using a marvel vs capcom 2 pedestal for my cab,taking the 30 inch monitor out and replacing with a 40" sony lcd

I like pedestal's much more then cabs,plus awhile back i bought a nintendo playchoice.sit down cab i was going to use a mame cab,but my love for nintendo got the better of me and i ended up just restoring the cab and buying almost every playchoice arcade cart as they are interchangable just like nes carts :)

post-7188-0-33679100-1299195106_thumb.jp

If you go with a wall mount, all you would need to do then is the base - set it up with a quad stick arrangement - schweet!

I actually thought about just making a base that I could hook up to the HTPC similar to this. If I put it on wheels that I can lock down that would be ideal as I'm sure my wife wouldn't be too keen on a gigantic box with sticks and buttons and trackballs chilling out in the living room.

@mesk I remember reading about your PC10 on here before I actually joined. That's a nice find right there. I would have done the same thing as you.

I found a thread here that talks about a "Dynamo Showcase" with plans found here.. The pedestal appears sturdy enough for standalone and, from the thread, appears that can easily handle wheels attached to it so that you can tilt and move it out of the way when not in use.

Another neat one is the Xtension Arcade Pedestal which is designed to work with the Xarcade Tankstick for $299.00.