All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Calling All Zelda Fans!

mesk

So i just finished the original legend of zelda,but its not what you think.the zelda i played was one i never had played before.it was a remake of the original nes classic,but it was only released in japan and was only available through the SATELLAVIEW and get this...you could only play at certain times! (4pm---7pm japan time) definelty a great game for zelda fans :)

@celly its BS Zelda,its not a hack,it was a real game

http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/

great thing about this rom is that it isnt even illegal to own,as this game was never available in a retail setting,and even if you did buy a satellaview,the satellite isnt broadcasting this game anymore

this game is heavily patched by these guys at that link,because originally,certain things happened at certain times of the day

Cool! I'm heading over to grad a copy and try it out. :D

you wont be disappointed my friend! as such,I have grabbed a copy of parrellel worlds,man is this guardtower hard!I think i may wait until the author releases 2.0,he said he would be lowering the difficulty of a few places in game,most notably,the guardhouse

Awesome. I have a feeling I'm not getting much accomplished around the house this weekend. I'm going to find that BS FF game too if it exists. And here I thought I played them all.

there is a BS chronotrigger,and a BS f zero and a few others.they are not hard to find... :)

Here is some interesting BS game info

* exclusive releases, new entries in established series available only on the BS-X; they are still exclusive, as none has been re-released as of yet.

* re-releases, exact replicas of the cartridge data of normal Super Famicom games, except in a format for broadcast over the satellite

* remakes of previous Famicom games, often hugely enhanced, as in the cases of BS Zelda and BS Mario ExciteBike

* remixed Super Famicom titles were occasionally released, as in the case of BS The Legend of Zelda: Ancient Stone Tablets

* original creations; there were a handful of BS-X games that were not part of any established series.

No matter what the game was, it was released in weekly or sometimes daily installments, usually with a total of four parts. Some games went on to have multiple stages beyond the scope of the original game, such as BS Zelda "-Map2-" (the only known name), which included nine entirely new dungeons beyond the nine already featured in the first BS Zelda broadcast. However the player data could not be transferred onto the new maps, and, just like The Legend of Zelda's "Second Quest", the player had to start over.

I find it amazing that some people still had the BS memory card that just happened to have these games still on it :o

^^ is what I used to play the ones I've tried (good one is Super Mario USA too, it's like a remix of Super Mario 2. Loads of fun!)

It doesn't. Sorry. I wonder if the time sensitive features work on snes9x too? I found out via internet there was a second set of dungeons for Zelda.

It doesn't. Sorry. I wonder if the time sensitive features work on snes9x too? I found out via internet there was a second set of dungeons for Zelda.

I think the ppl at that site I posted a few up,it say there that its patched so the time sensitive events work as they should.thats cool about the 2nd map,they call it the 4th quest :D

They also have a complete restoration version,that plays just like the original

There also is a remake of link to the past,with a few things changed around.I havent been able to figure out how to begin,when i load it i seem to start in the middle of a random dungeon with 6-7 hearts!

UPDATE:GOT IT! it is remake of LttP!this is great!

Actually there is two.one is a remake,a exact port of LttP on snes,the other is a different story that takes place after LttP.Japanese gamers always got the better games back in the day :angry:

LOL!

All the BS Zelda info you need

So, I fired BS Zelda up in ZSNES for the heck of it. It seemed to run smoother until I got about half way through the 1st dungeon. The screen came up that said you can still shoot your sword even though you don't have full power. I cannot remember exactly what it said. It was 3AM when I finally got to sit down and play. Anyway, I couldn't get out of that text box at all. Bummer too, because it was playing very well up to that point. Just wanted to confirm even though everyone already knew it wouldn't work.

yea im thinking that when he holds his sword up and you can shoot swords even w\o full power that it is one of those "timed events" that happened in real time when this game was broadcasted back in 96,pretty cool huh?

This BS LOZ is amazing! I cannot believe nintendo hasnt ported it yet,its so different then the original

this time around I just completed level 3,yet i dont have the white sword yet,as im unable to reach it still,BUT i already was able to buy the blue ring,which in the nes LOZ you didnt get until at least level 5

prices in the shops drop as you progress,before i beat level 3 the magic shield was 130 and the blue candle was 60,after i beat level 3 the shield was 65 and the candle 30! This game is great ;)