All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Future Pinball - Focus

yves31

Hello!

Simple problem. Whenever I start a table from GameEx, the table loads fine but I need to click with the mouse anywhere on the screen to be able to play. It's like windows is focussing on something else...

If I start the table directly from future pinball, it works fine.

Any idea?

Yves

Hello!

Simple problem. Whenever I start a table from GameEx, the table loads fine but I need to click with the mouse anywhere on the screen to be able to play. It's like windows is focussing on something else...

If I start the table directly from future pinball, it works fine.

Any idea?

Yves

What's the command-line used to launch in your config? Might wanna post your config as well to help us troubleshoot. Thank you!

Here`s the config file...

[Emulator_9]

Enabled=True

STARTPAGENAME=Future Pinball

TITLETEXT=Future Pinball

StartPageLogo=Future Pinball

ROMFilter=*.fpt

RomPath=C:\Games\Future Pinball\Table

RomsInFolders=True

SnapPath=C:\Games\Future Pinball\Snap

TitlePath=

BoxPath=C:\Games\Future Pinball\Flyer

CartPath=

ManualPath=C:\Games\Future Pinball\Manual

ControlPanelPath=

InstructionsPath=

TVAdPath=

MusicPath=

ImageNotFound=

WorkingPath=C:\Games\Future Pinball

MapKeys=True

WaitBeforeKeys=

SendKeys=

ReplaceDash=False

ReplaceUnder=False

Capitals=False

RemoveBrackets=False

ShowDesktop=True

Debug=False

MAPFile=

AlsoLaunch=

Command="Future Pinball.exe" /open "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]" /play /exit

LaunchBefore=

LaunchAfter=

configFile=[Mapping Off] Exit (Process Close)

ExcludedFiles=

CustomBackground=

PlayMusic=False

DontShowInfo=

PlaySelectionMusic=False

SelectionMusicFolder=

PCGame=False

DATABASE=[Pinball] Future Pinball

UseDbName=

GamesIn7Zips=False

MergeSets=True

PlayInScreenSaver=False

ShowMostPlayed=True

RandomMostPlayed=True

CDCheck=False

CDCheckFile=

CustomArtName1=

CustomArtPath1=

CustomArtName2=

CustomArtPath2=

CustomArtName3=

CustomArtPath3=

System=Pinball

Category=Pinball

Emulator=Future Pinball

Version=1.9.20081225

Rating=

DownloadUrl=http://www.gamesdbase.com/setupwizard/emulators/download/FuturePinball.7z

RequiredFiles=

Website=http://www.futurepinball.com/

Info=Future Pinball is a real time Pinball Development System. It allows you to design and play your very own pinball simulation in True real time 3D.

OLDatZip=

SOLVED !

1. Open Windows Explorer

2. Start Visual Pinball

3. Resize Visual Pinball ! It must not be in Full Screen !

4. Start a Pinball

5. Exit

6. Close Visual Pinball

Updated my Full MAME Configuration Guide to Version 2.1 with that Tip :D

Bye and Greetings !

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I have the latest version. In the about box it says "1.9.1.20091231" but in reality it's the "1.9.1.20101231" release. It must be a bug in his program.

Thank you,

Yves

I think I'm the only one which has this problem :(

Maybe there's no solution. I have to say it's not a big issue, just a little bit annoying.

Hello

I have the latest version. In the about box it says "1.9.1.20091231" but in reality it's the "1.9.1.20101231" release. It must be a bug in his program.

Thank you,

Yves

I think I'm the only one which has this problem :(

Maybe there's no solution. I have to say it's not a big issue, just a little bit annoying.

Please try running and then exit GameEx. Then run using the runitgame.bat file and see if it's still an issue. Then we can narrow it down to either GameEx or something else.

Hi, i also had focus problems as mentioned in this thread http://www.gameex.info/forums/index.php?showtopic=8487&st=0&p=62241&hl=+future%20+pinball&fromsearch=1entry62241

But i am happy to say this went away with the latest future pinball release ( ver 1.9.1.20101231).

I made no changes to my set up other than updating the expired exe, maybe using something like revo uninstaller to strip out fp then reinstalling may help?.

Sorry i had no magic cure for you.

I had a focus issue with Future Pinball with my old pc setup (win xp) and it was a resolution issue. Now that I'm on Win7 I have had no issues with the focus. That's with the current build. My fix while rolling xp was match the resolution in FP with that of GameEx. It worked for me, give that a whirl.

• 2 years later...
I just started getting into pinball emulation and ran across the very problems described in this thread. I'm on the latest GameEx version and latest Future Pinball version but I still get focus issues. I did work around it though. I decided to write a VBScript that would change the focus to the app. What the script does is check every five seconds to see if Future Pinball is running, and if it is, it sets focus to it. It'll check every five seconds for up to five minutues. These times/intervals are all of course, configurable as needed for your situtation.

If anyone still has this problem and wants to try it out, just copy the code below into notepad, and save as something like C:\activate.vbs. Then create a batch file with one line in it that runs: cscript C:\activate.vbs. Set the batch file up in the "Also Launch" field in your advanced emulator config in GameEx. Also, you might have to make sure that User Account Control is turned off and that you have your computer setup to automatically run VBScript files; that's how I have mine set and I didn't test other systems.

'Begin VBScript:

Dim isAppRunning

Dim endTime

Set objShell = WScript.Createobject("Wscript.Shell")

endTime = DateAdd("n",5,Now)

Do

Wscript.echo "Trying application activation in 5 seconds..."

WScript.Sleep(5000)

isAppRunning = objShell.AppActivate("Future Pinball - © 2008 BSP Software Design Solutions")

Loop While (isAppRunning = False) AND (Now < endTime)

wscript.Quit

'End of Script
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
I just started getting into pinball emulation and ran across the very problems described in this thread. I'm on the latest GameEx version and latest Future Pinball version but I still get focus issues. I did work around it though. I decided to write a VBScript that would change the focus to the app. What the script does is check every five seconds to see if Future Pinball is running, and if it is, it sets focus to it. It'll check every five seconds for up to five minutues. These times/intervals are all of course, configurable as needed for your situtation.
If anyone still has this problem and wants to try it out, just copy the code below into notepad, and save as something like C:\activate.vbs. Then create a batch file with one line in it that runs: cscript C:\activate.vbs. Set the batch file up in the "Also Launch" field in your advanced emulator config in GameEx. Also, you might have to make sure that User Account Control is turned off and that you have your computer setup to automatically run VBScript files; that's how I have mine set and I didn't test other systems.
'Begin VBScript:
Dim isAppRunning
Dim endTime
Set objShell = WScript.Createobject("Wscript.Shell")
endTime = DateAdd("n",5,Now)
Do
Wscript.echo "Trying application activation in 5 seconds..."
WScript.Sleep(5000)
isAppRunning = objShell.AppActivate("Future Pinball - © 2008 BSP Software Design Solutions")
Loop While (isAppRunning = False) AND (Now < endTime)
wscript.Quit
'End of Script

I'm trying your script, but it doesn't find the application.

I haven't tried the script, but you'll want to verify that Future Pinball is listed in the task manager in the same way that it appears in the script. In other words you'll want to start up Future Pinball, open the task manager, and verify that Future Pinball appears as, "Future Pinball - © 2008 BSP Software Design Solutions" in the task manager under the Applications tab. If the listed application doesn't match what's in the script, you'll want to modify the script so that it does.

If everything does seem to match up but the script still doesn't work, you may need to contact the author of the script.

Wonder why not just get the window handle from the exe? It may be easier than trying to use the window title. Idk. :)