All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

What to do with a banned XBOX 360

celly

Since all this banned XBOX 360 can do is play backups and DVDs, I figured I'd show you all a couple of new uses it does have whilst it remains banned.

First, the 360 drink coaster. It shouts "I'm banned but, not from JD and Coke".

Coasty-1.jpg

Next we have the 360 Crayola Drawing Pad (my 6 year olds Dr. Mario drawing).

Drawy-1.jpg

Let us not forget, the working handheld docking station.

Holdy-1.jpg

Finally, give Fido a the present he's always wanted, the XBOX 360 Dog Food Valet. Woof.

Valety-1.jpg

Yeah, they do frown mightily. :lol:

I had considered "modding" my original xbox as an HTPC player (using XBMC and upgrading the hard drive) and, since you can only associate one xbox with one Live account, may actually go forward with it. Just have a few other priorities (house repairs, home network and PC chores once my daughter moves out and we have an "office" again, building a cab... does the list EVER end?) to take care of first.

Does it still play the games (sans LIVE)?

Celly,it still plays games ,right?my friend and i had a jtagged 360 that was banned and we gave it to his little brother,it plays games,just not on live,which could be a good thing.......I swear the biggest jackasses in the world are drawn to live like flies to s...well you know :)

You forgot my favorite use... electronic door stop! ;)

I have two of these. One is JTAG and one is normal. Best of both worlds you see. :)

Might be fun GameExers together on a game - My gamertag is Draco1962 (surprised, eh?). RIght now still going through campaign mode on COD Black Ops. I have the previous COD game series for the 360 back to COD 2, however favor anything released from COD Modern Warfare and after. I have Halo from the beginning, but much prefer COD on Live. Just too many "kids" in the Halo Live games.

I have to agree with Mesk - best to keep the younger ones out of there as there are quite a few asses on Live (hence why I usually plug in the headset and just mute the mike and turn the volume all the way down unless playing with a team. I have to admit to occasionally goading some of them into screwing up to my advantage.. B)

Adultery77 and I also have Black Ops but it's my kids that play it. And Halo. :)

I am currently playing Fable II and Star Ocean is next. I admittedly don't use it as much as the PS3, and I suppose you would say I'm really more of an RPG guy than a FPS guy. Feel free to add me though! :)

Well it does still play backups, which is good. I was hoping to sneak back to live and get the media update so I can stream movies and use the usb for storeage and playing of movies off hard drive. All I get is the media error must connect to Live for update. Oh well, its better this way, I have too many gaming consoles laying about my house. The modded Wii gets more play than my cab. :(

I LOVE my modded Wii! I just set up a network share for my Nintendo emulators so it pulls my games and movies (thanks to MPlayer) right off the cabinet in the basement. Mine is actually in the bedroom though, so lately I just play Lufia in bed. Now that they've figured out how to sign homebrew on the PS3 (with a custom firmware on the horizon!) the Wii may go down a notch. :)

I LOVE my modded Wii! I just set up a network share for my Nintendo emulators so it pulls my games and movies (thanks to MPlayer) right off the cabinet in the basement. Mine is actually in the bedroom though, so lately I just play Lufia in bed. Now that they've figured out how to sign homebrew on the PS3 (with a custom firmware on the horizon!) the Wii may go down a notch. :)

I had a modded wii but forgot to turn connect24 off and now it dont play copies as the nintendo update wipped out the homebrew and gamma loader just dont work, also i think my sccard reader on the wii might be working cos evertime i try to copy a file over it says summit like file might not have been copied ? :( its 4.2e version and it seems there is no fix for that version unless youve got that lego indiana or smashbrawl brothers which nobody has and i aint gonna pay for it, defeats the object :(, i used the old zelda hack to do it when it was a lower version but does not do 4.2e so at the mo its just collecting dust :(

SM

lol adultery, that is SO true! :)

That's strange... I've never turned the Nintendo Connect24 off in the first place and never had any issues like that. Of course I keep my Wii updated (safely) and actually used BannerBomb to hack it. I also can't praise USB Loader GX enough though. I only use NeoGamma to play GameCube stuff. Loading games from the HDD is way more efficient.

I still buy most of my games though, but they seem to load a lot faster from the HDD anyways.

Shame it unmodded itself. I'd seriously be bummin!

Kiddies have parents to pay for Live and we adults are too cheap so we stick with PS3s. ;)

I'll have you know that I buy my own Live - screw the kiddies AND PS3!

That came off kinda Xbox fan boy, eh? :P

Ive also come to the conclusion that if you intend on playing a game online,you MUST MUST start on the day the game is released!!! if you start like a week or two later,you will be so far behind everyone else it would be pointless. and then 6 months after the games release,its multiplayer is a ghost town. the life of a online console video game LOL!!

I'll have you know that I buy my own Live - screw the kiddies AND PS3!

That came off kinda Xbox fan boy, eh? :P

Don't get me wrong, I pay for XBOX Live too. My kids use it more than I do though. Most of the games I play are offline on all my systems. When I was young, multiplayer meant you had to have someone come over to play a game, and I guess I never got beyond that mentality. ;)

And hey. If you wanna be a fanboy that's cool. :)

Fanboy/girl: If fandom was a pool, then this would be the deep end. This is when people go too far, and end up being terrible. Typical activities include: defending something that nobody cares about to people who really couldn't care less, forming stupid opinions about something, raging against the tiniest things or changes a remake/adaptation has made, writing/reading terrible fanfiction, and/or roleplaying terribly with terrible Mary Sues. Everything they do is terrible and annoying. If you've ever seen a fan work/writing on anything that just made you facepalm, then it was a Fanboy/girl. Avoid.

Terrible Fanboy/girl: If fanboy/girl is the deep end of the fandom pool, then this is when somebody's drowning. Their entire life revolves around whatever they're a fan of. There is nothing else they have. No boyfriend or girlfriend, no friends at all other than other terrible fans. They never miss a convention and never fail to embarass everyone at them. Prone to Mary Sues and terrible opinions about the tiniest things. They tend to have angry outbursts and generally being a mess of the worst traits an internet user can have. You'd better hope you never come across one.

Fandom on WhatPort80

Nah - I don't quite fit those descriptions. I have to agree. I like seeing my opponent squirm, not hearing him mack on me when he is getting "pwned 10 states away." BTW, WTF is "pwned" anyways? I mean, talk about a moronic word.

When I was growing up, "owned" meant that what was in your possession was not borrowed or stolen. There were just winners and losers. If my score was higher, you were the loser. Simple. If my score was lower, you were still the loser as I "owned" my console and you can just leave or get your own if you object. Same rules applied if I went to my friend's to play. His system, regardless of score, made him the winner. In the end, we were all winners because it really didn't matter and we were friends having a good time regardless.

;)

I play Dr. Mario on the Wii online more than anything else. Or Mario Kart with 2 of my friends on Wee. That's the extent of my online, 360 no Live, like the thread says. Anyone want to ever race on Mario Kart let me know and we can trade Wee numbers. Yay. :P

When I was young, multiplayer meant you had to have someone come over to play a game, and I guess I never got beyond that mentality. ;)

exactly.my multiplaying began with goldeneye on the n64,the best was having 3 friends over and playing 4 way deathmatches! but now i really am not into it anymore.I guess the limited time I have to play games I like to play the single player game and feel like ive accomplished something,not shoot the SAME 7 or 15 ppl over and over and over again.

Not to mention the fact that now developers have to split their time between the single and multiplayer aspects of the game.So now instead of 20 ppl working on a great single player experience we have 10 ppl working on a ok single player experience while the rest are working on the multiplayer parts.Not cool :angry: