All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] ePSXe analog auto-on?

jbsoum

I know this probably isn't the place to ask this, but everyone here has been so helpful in solving my problems, I thought I'd give it a shot.

So, I was wandering if there is a way to turn on the analog controls without pressing f5 in ePSXe.

I've tried the following commands:

epsxe.exe -nogui -slowboot -analog

epsxe.exe -nogui -slowboot -analog1 -analog2

Both don't seem to work. ePSXe boots fine, but I can't get the analog sticks working without pressing f5 first. Is there a way?

You know, I wonder if that isn't due to some games being analog incapable? You could do a sendkeys in the emulator config to send F5 after the pro gram has been running. That's the only solution I can think of though aside from a wrapper.

You know, I wonder if that isn't due to some games being analog incapable? You could do a sendkeys in the emulator config to send F5 after the pro gram has been running. That's the only solution I can think of though aside from a wrapper.

While I know some games are analog incompatible, having analog on shouldn't negatively affect gameplay. I did, however, test Grandia, which is a game I know to be analog compatible. My command line doesn't turn it on automatically. How would I do a sendkeys for f5?

While I know some games are analog incompatible, having analog on shouldn't negatively affect gameplay. I did, however, test Grandia, which is a game I know to be analog compatible. My command line doesn't turn it on automatically. How would I do a sendkeys for f5?

I'll look more into this when I get to my rig but for now in that emulator setup, there's a setting called keys to send. Simply enter in F5. May also have to play with the timing using the wait before keys as well.

I've started with Wait Before Keys set from '5000' to '60000' with no luck. Like you said, I have 'F5' in the send keys section. Still no luck. :(

The the following in the Keys To Send please:

{F5}

This should be the correct way of sending F5. If just sending "F5" them I'm sure it's actually sending the letter "F" and the number "5". Sorry. I should have been more clear. As a note though, there's a link in the help section of that setting that will link you to the SendKeys Class which lists all the correct codes.

Ahh yes, I tried the curvy brackets initially, with wait to send set at 5000, and it didn't work, so I thought that I was supposed to use the square brackets instead, as per the help text in the advanced config (the example cited was enter=[ENTER]). Turns out that wait to send at 5000 was too short, and then I was trying to figure out whether or not wait to send started waiting as soon as the program launched, or as soon as I selected a game to play ( I have to wait at least a minute for the game to unzip and mount to dameon tools).

Turns out, 'wait to send' starts after the actual emulator launches, not after you select a game.

So, for anyone that would like to do this:

Keys to Send = {F5}
Wait Before Keys = 6000

6000 seems to be the magic number.

Also, if you would like to see the Playstation logo when you start a game in ePSXe, add "-slowboot" (without quotes) to your command line in advanced config.

I still madly adore pSX for this because when it comes to plugins and whatnot I suck at it. Glad everything is working now though. I have a new 1 GB video card coming and I was thinking about making a switch to see if there's any difference, and this will save me a headache!

The thing I like about ePSXe is that compatibility is generally higher than pSX. I, also, am not very handy with plugins. However, with the right mix, you can play just about anything. I know some people use delta 2.01 or ePSXecutor to set different settings for each game, but this appears to me to be more of a hassle than it's worth.

Pete makes a great OGL2 plugin that seems to work great for just about anything. People also seem to recommend the Eternal SPU core for sound, but I have yet to get that to work right, and ePSXe's sound driver has been working well enough for just about everything.

I'm sure I'll be pestering you for help as soon as my new video card comes! Thanks for the input. :)

I'm sure I'll be pestering you for help as soon as my new video card comes! Thanks for the input. smile.gif

np! I've managed to set everything up rather well, so I'd be good to ask about settings for most things. Haven't set up MAME yet, though. The only think I'm having trouble with right now is the rumble settings with xbcd (pretty unrealted though, but I'm workin on it wink.gif )

Edited by Draco1962
This thread is now marked as Resolved and has been closed. If the problem re-occurs, please start a new thread.