All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEx GameBase demo

Tom Speirs

Quick demo showing the GameBase integration features available in GameEx 11.45<BR><BR<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xKaCWSx_xQ?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xKaCWSx_xQ?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xKaCWSx_xQ?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thanks, that is a great feature indeed! I'd like to suggest a few things to make it even more useful:

A) The possibility to use Emumovies together with the Gamebase (there are quite a lot of Amiga movies already)

B) An option to use the WHDload-Games instead of the disk games (again, an Amiga-related option).

Thanks, that is a great feature indeed! I'd like to suggest a few things to make it even more useful:

A) The possibility to use Emumovies together with the Gamebase (there are quite a lot of Amiga movies already)

B) An option to use the WHDload-Games instead of the disk games (again, an Amiga-related option).

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

A) If the videos match the screenshot name or game name in GamEbase that could be done but I am not sure they do. What naming format do the videos use?

B Can this not be configued in GameBase? GameEx basically just launches the Game via GameBase so should pick up its settings.

Looking nice! Incidentally, I was thinking about how to integrate GameBase data & extras into GameEx just the other day.

A few question:

- do I have to have GameBase installed for this to work?

- how are the emulators launched? Are they launched directly from GameEx, or will GameEx launch GameBase, which in turn launches the emulator?

- will all GameBase extras be visible in GameEx? For instance, many games have multiple screenshots, or additional material like walkthroughs etc. . Will I be able to see all this stuff in GameEx?

- do I need to change the directory structure of the GameBase files (or rename them) in order to have the integration? I'm not a big GameBase fan, but it'd be nice if GameEx would use the data "as is", as that'd leave the option of using GameBase itself.

Also, I'm curious about how the integration is implemented. I presume you're using the GameBase .mdb file directly as a data source, right? Or is the GameBase info imported into/converted to a GameEx mdb?

GoTheBunnies: http://tinyurl.com/2u39xbg

- do I have to have GameBase installed for this to work?

Yes

- how are the emulators launched? Are they launched directly from GameEx, or will GameEx launch GameBase, which in turn launches the emulator?

Via GameBase (GBLauncher.exe)

- will all GameBase extras be visible in GameEx? For instance, many games have multiple screenshots, or additional material like walkthroughs etc. . Will I be able to see all this stuff in GameEx?

Yes.

- do I need to change the directory structure of the GameBase files (or rename them) in order to have the integration? I'm not a big GameBase fan, but it'd be nice if GameEx would use the data "as is", as that'd leave the option of using GameBase itself.

No, just setup GameBase

- Also, I'm curious about how the integration is implemented. I presume you're using the GameBase .mdb file directly as a data source, right? Or is the GameBase info imported into/converted to a GameEx mdb?

As a source directly.

I like the addition of Gamebase just started setting it up for the first time and have it working but have a question. When a game is loaded that displays the documentation (ex: Donkey Kong by Ocean) Esc is used to continue the game but GameEx see it and quits the game and returns to GameEx menu.

Is there an easy work around for this?

Another question: Is there a way to change the name of Gamebase in the GameEx menu? Mine shows up in Emulated Games as GBC_V07.

Edit: I found out how to remap the Run/Stop key. Also noticed the Run/Stop key is also mapped to "Caps Lock".

I like the addition of Gamebase just started setting it up for the first time and have it working but have a question. When a game is loaded that displays the documentation (ex: Donkey Kong by Ocean) Esc is used to continue the game but GameEx see it and quits the game and returns to GameEx menu.

Is there an easy work around for this?

Another question: Is there a way to change the name of Gamebase in the GameEx menu? Mine shows up in Emulated Games as GBC_V07.

Edit: I found out how to remap the Run/Stop key. Also noticed the Run/Stop key is also mapped to "Caps Lock".

Very nice feature! I'd like to second the vote of being able to customize the name of the emulator :)

Have you looked in the Setup Wizard or Advanced Configuration? You should be able to edit the emulated system name to that of your own choosing, assign it a logo, etc.

EDIT: Strike that and reverse it! It only has the option to enable or disable.

Thx Tom for this nice Feature, but how do I setup Gamebase in the Custom Menu's?? I didn't find any option to choose :(

That will be doable in the next release. Its possible now by setting an emulator to 500 + but yourll need to manually edit the ini to set the emulator that high.

• 3 weeks later...

GameBase is a great feature for my GB64-collection. For Amiga, however, I'm currently preferring the "standard" Emulator setup. I'm using the WHDLoad-Packs from Killergorilla in conjunction with videos from Emumovies, both of which can't be used with the GameBase-Setup. More importantly, the Amiga-Gamebase is quite out of date, with many newer WHDLoad-Games missing.

The only thing missing with this setup is a good database. My question for you database-wizards out there: Would it be possible to convert the GameBase-Amiga-Database (a mdb-file) into something that GameEx can use? It can be found at http://gbamiga.elowar.com/ (comes with the setup.exe).

Actually most if not all of the DBs that GameEx uses are .mdb files. It may just be a matter of transferring the data into the specific format GameEx recognizes which my guess would be a little bit of an undertaking, but not impossible.