All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Computer Problem

HumanMan42

So I have this computer that was given to me. It was working fine with WinXP. Then I get it home and see it needs a log-in password. I decide to just put Win7 on it.

So I pop in a win7 disc, wait for it to boot to it nothing..... Check bios, change it to boot from cd......reboot....nothing.... swap optical drive.....nothing....burn iso again at lower rpm....nothing....get my friends copy of windows 7....nothing. Get my copy of XP. Hey...it boots to that. Format C:, moves stuff to the hdd, restarts...BSOD!

Thats pretty much where I am at.

A computer that will not boot to a dvd of win 7

will boot to winxp xd but bsods

me having a facepalm

I did Swap the video cards before I first attempted the first bootup. But it did boot up fine to the xp login screen after I did. And I did take the floppy out and put in a internal USB card reader.

It is an asus a8nsli32 mobo,

two different type of ram, each there are two of, 4gb in total.

idk what the video card is. a dual dvi pcie i had extra.

yadda yadda.

I dont think it really matters what the hardware it has. It was working 24hrs before it changed into my hands.

Any help would be great.

Casey

So I have this computer that was given to me. It was working fine with WinXP. Then I get it home and see it needs a log-in password. I decide to just put Win7 on it.

So I pop in a win7 disc, wait for it to boot to it nothing..... Check bios, change it to boot from cd......reboot....nothing.... swap optical drive.....nothing....burn iso again at lower rpm....nothing....get my friends copy of windows 7....nothing. Get my copy of XP. Hey...it boots to that. Format C:, moves stuff to the hdd, restarts...BSOD!

Thats pretty much where I am at.

A computer that will not boot to a dvd of win 7

will boot to winxp xd but bsods

me having a facepalm

I did Swap the video cards before I first attempted the first bootup. But it did boot up fine to the xp login screen after I did. And I did take the floppy out and put in a internal USB card reader.

It is an asus a8nsli32 mobo,

two different type of ram, each there are two of, 4gb in total.

idk what the video card is. a dual dvi pcie i had extra.

yadda yadda.

I dont think it really matters what the hardware it has. It was working 24hrs before it changed into my hands.

Any help would be great.

Casey

Wow, Well if you didnt do that.. All you would have needed was HIREN BOOT CD.. It has password changing utilities... Bummer.

Anyways, I still think its the media you are using. Or course RAM and Processor issuse can cause the same issue.

In troubleshooting remove any and all expansion cards, even take it down to a single memory module. Then see if the problem goes away.

You could always pop out the drive and load windows from another PC then pop it back in before loading drivers.

We are full of good things to try.

I was hoping not to have to pull everything out. I thought about pulling the hdd out an using my USB to HDD to install win7. Never had to do it that way, but there us a first for everything. The weirdest thing is that it was fully up and running like 10 hrs earlier. And it was just unplugged and then moved to my room. I highly doubt it's hardware. But I will go through all the hoops regardless to cross it off the list. Bummer. First computer I had to use this pcie card to use my two 19" flat screen I got a year ago and it doesn't want to work. So sad.

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated sir. You are telling me what I thought. It's nice to have a second opinion.

Casey