All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

project tempest loader

seedbad

When I launch Project tempest from game ex using ProjectTempestLoader.Exe "[RomPath]\[RomFile]"

gameex launches PT fine, which then sits at black screen... when showing desktop I see PT loaded and there is an open dialogue looking for:

e:|cAbinet bUild\eMu\rOms\aTari jAguar\bUbsy in fRactured fUrry tAles 9WOrld)>jag

my actual dir is: E:\Cabinet Build\Emu\Roms\Atari Jaguar\Bubsy in Fractured Furry Tales (World).jag

Why the strange characters and odd CAPS.. of course the rom will not load because it's looking for some distorted path/name.

Anyone know why/how to fix?

When I launch Project tempest from game ex using ProjectTempestLoader.Exe "[RomPath]\[RomFile]"

gameex launches PT fine, which then sits at black screen... when showing desktop I see PT loaded and there is an open dialogue looking for:

e:|cAbinet bUild\eMu\rOms\aTari jAguar\bUbsy in fRactured fUrry tAles 9WOrld)>jag

my actual dir is: E:\Cabinet Build\Emu\Roms\Atari Jaguar\Bubsy in Fractured Furry Tales (World).jag

Why the strange characters and odd CAPS.. of course the rom will not load because it's looking for some distorted path/name.

Anyone know why/how to fix?

This is a bug that had been reported before and Tempest never got interested in fixing as he wasn't asked nicely if I recall. Tempest hasn't frequented these forums lately so all you can do is wait in hopes he comes back or we wait for another release. If anything, there are many people capable of creating loaders and hopefully someone can release something else.

Edit: Here's one I found submitted by member Krakerman. I haven't tested this myself nor were there comments on that thread but at least something to try in the meantime.

Here one I wrote. Tested in another thread.

I am attaching a new loader, I found a version of PT that will let you play in full screen mode. This is what I did.

Ran the emulator, went into setting and video, made sure fullscreen was ticked. Tested a game.

Then I rewrote my loader- Attached is the new version, with the emulator I used and source.

Usage is the same. Unzip a game, place it in same directory as the programs are. Navigate to your command propt and working directory. PTLOADER.exe "Game name.jag"

It is important to use "" in paths and file names that have SPACES.

PT v0.95.zip

• Like 1

Thanks so much Brian.

Here one I wrote. Tested in another thread.

I am attaching a new loader, I found a version of PT that will let you play in full screen mode. This is what I did.

Ran the emulator, went into setting and video, made sure fullscreen was ticked. Tested a game.

Then I rewrote my loader- Attached is the new version, with the emulator I used and source.

Usage is the same. Unzip a game, place it in same directory as the programs are. Navigate to your command propt and working directory. PTLOADER.exe "Game name.jag"

It is important to use "" in paths and file names that have SPACES.

I can get the game to load from command prompt, but not from within GameEx. I'm not sure what I'm missing.

[Emulator_4]

Enabled=True

STARTPAGENAME=Atari Jaguar

TITLETEXT=Atari Jaguar

StartPageLogo=Jaguar

ROMFilter=

RomPath=E:\Cabinet Build\Emu\Roms\Atari Jaguar

RomsInFolders=

SnapPath=E:\Cabinet Build\Emu\Art\Atari Jaguar\Video

TitlePath=E:\Cabinet Build\Emu\Art\Atari Jaguar\Title

BoxPath=E:\Cabinet Build\Emu\Art\Atari Jaguar\Box

CartPath=E:\Cabinet Build\Emu\Art\Atari Jaguar\Cart

ManualPath=E:\Cabinet Build\Emu\Art\Atari Jaguar\Manual

ControlPanelPath=

InstructionsPath=

TVAdPath=E:\Cabinet Build\Emu\Art\Atari Jaguar\Video_Advert_AVI

MusicPath=

ImageNotFound=

WorkingPath=E:\Emulators\Project Tempest

MapKeys=True

WaitBeforeKeys=

SendKeys=

ReplaceDash=False

ReplaceUnder=True

Capitals=False

RemoveBrackets=True

ShowDesktop=True

Debug=False

MAPFile=

AlsoLaunch=

Command=PTLoader.Exe "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"

LaunchBefore=

LaunchAfter=

configFile=[Mapping Off] Exit (Process Close)

ExcludedFiles=

CustomBackground=jagbak.png

PlayMusic=False

DontShowInfo=

PlaySelectionMusic=False

SelectionMusicFolder=

PCGame=False

DATABASE=[Console] Atari Jaguar

UseDbName=True

GamesIn7Zips=False

MergeSets=

PlayInScreenSaver=True

ShowMostPlayed=True

RandomMostPlayed=True

CDCheck=False

CDCheckFile=

CustomArtName1=

CustomArtPath1=

CustomArtName2=

CustomArtPath2=

CustomArtName3=

CustomArtPath3=

System=Atari Jaguar

Category=Console

Emulator=Project Tempest

Version=0.95

Rating=

DownloadUrl=http://www.gamesdbase.com/setupwizard/emulators/download/virtual%20jaguar.7z

RequiredFiles=

Website=http://icculus.org/virtualjaguar/

Info=Atari Jaguar emulator

OLDatZip=

Thanks so much Brian.

If successful from command-line then doesn't make sense that it wouldn't run from GameEx unless something was wrong. Your command-line looks fine. Try running in debug mode and maybe something useful will show that might be causing it. Please give more details on what's going on. Any errors? Does it just return to GameEx? What is the file extension of your roms?

When I launch in gameex PT will load an "open" dialogue. In the open dialogue there is the name of my path\rom with quotes around it and it sits. I can then click the 'Open button' and the rom will load. I'm using .jag

ty

If successful from command-line then doesn't make sense that it wouldn't run from GameEx unless something was wrong. Your command-line looks fine. Try running in debug mode and maybe something useful will show that might be causing it. Please give more details on what's going on. Any errors? Does it just return to GameEx? What is the file extension of your roms?

When I launch in gameex PT will load an "open" dialogue. In the open dialogue there is the name of my path\rom with quotes around it and it sits. I can then click the 'Open button' and the rom will load. I'm using .jag

ty

Then that would be due to the loader not sending enter or pressing the open button. We'll have to wait for Brian on that one since you're using his loader. ;)

Then that would be due to the loader not sending enter or pressing the open button. We'll have to wait for Brian on that one since you're using his loader. ;)

#NoEnv
#SingleInstance force
#Persistent
#NoTrayIcon

;CHECKING FOR 1 PARAMS, IF NOT THEN EXIT
if 0 < 1
{
MsgBox Usage: PTLoader.exe "[rompath]\[romfile]"
ExitApp
}

Blockinput on ; Keeps users from messing up loader my pressing buttons and moving mouse
;rom = "%1%" ; error level (rompath romfile) gives friendly name as ROM

SetBatchLines -1

Gui +AlwaysOnTop -Caption +ToolWindow ; No title, No taskbar icon
Gui Color, 0 ; Color Black
Gui Show, x0 y0 h%A_ScreenHeight% w%A_ScreenWidth%, HSHIDE
;WinSet Transparent, 200, A ; Can be semi-transparent
MouseGetPos X, Y ; Remember pos to return
MouseMove %A_ScreenWidth%,%A_ScreenHeight% ; Move pointer off screen
Run, PT.exe
Sleep, 1000
Send, {ALTDOWN}{ALTUP}f{ENTER}
Sleep, 1000
Send, "%1%"
Sleep, 100
Send, {ENTER}
Sleep, 100
Send, {F2}
Gui Destroy ; Remove blinds from desktop
Blockinput off ; Allows user to send inputs so games can be played
Return

ESC::
{
Process, Close, PT.exe
exitapp
}

Toward the end of the loader you can see it is sending Enter, followed by f2 to make it full screen.. You can change the sleep timer to 1000 from 100 incase it is going to fast.

I thought it was mentioned that it was working via command prompt, so that means it is working.. Id adjust the timings.

Try this one:

PTLoader.zip

• Like 1

Thanks for replying Brian! Also thanks for the code so that the user can adjust accordingly. :)

Yes I appreciate it. Great community support here. I wanted to chime in instead of abandoning the thread. I tried the replacement loader, but the open button is never triggered for me and the name of the selected rom sits in the dialogue box.

Has got to be something wrong on my end. Also been having GameEx crash quite a bit lately. Going to reinstall it.

I'll let ya know if I can get it working. thanks to you both for your support

• 3 months later...

Man I feel like such a noob for posting so much in such a short space of time.

I have set this up in GameEX but what I happening with me is the screen reverts to the "Open ROM file" Dialogue with the correct rom name filled in etc

All I have to do is press enter and all is good but |wanted to get this working without doing that if poss.

I even tried the sendkeys function {ENTER} but nothing happens.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Man I feel like such a noob for posting so much in such a short space of time.

I have set this up in GameEX but what I happening with me is the screen reverts to the "Open ROM file" Dialogue with the correct rom name filled in etc

All I have to do is press enter and all is good but |wanted to get this working without doing that if poss.

I even tried the sendkeys function {ENTER} but nothing happens.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

According to the topic it seems that ENTER is not being pressed at the correct time. That's why the code was posted so that it could be adjusted accordingly. Have you tried different timings? If using sendkeys as an alternative, have you tried setting the Wait Before Keys setting to something different?

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I did change the timings in the autohotkey script (saved and compiled too) with varying times but to no avail, I also tried removing the f2f command in the script but it crashed so I put it back to normal with the increased time intervals.

I also tried the wait before send keys function for the enter command but it still sits on the Rom load screen. Very odd indeed

I forgot to mention the reason I tried to remove the f2 part of the script was because the emulator opens in full screen anyway, there is no need to send f2

This is a little off topic but I am curious as to how jaguar emulation has been coming along,last time I was trying it only about 5 games actually ran....

Its still the same to be honest. I just want a more complete collection :P