All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[BEZELS] Bezels

Draco1962

I got bit by the bezel making bug and came up with a few for both Vertical and Horizontal games (Also made 1 of each specifically for the Carbon & Steel theme). You can download them from here.

Thanks to Tom for hosting them. Let me know what ya think! B)

Using GIMP - these are really simple copy, clean, paste, cut & scale from others graphics (as I don't have the ability yet to create my own unique graphics but can modify the heck out of others). Once you get the proportions down it is quite easy.

• 2 years later...

ooooooo very nice! I just read your other topic on Hyper Bezel - if this is an indication of the types of bezels that will be popping up i may just have to give it a spin :D (pun intended, i shall now crawl back under the rock of pitiful shame)

All depends if we can download HB II from somewhere without joining the HS forums ofcourse. Either way good job!

HB II is on Emumovies FTP- upload here\chillinwater\Hyper Bezel II

The pic krakerman has on first post (great job) is a rom specific bezel, not a generic bezel.

Hyper Bezel II was originally intended to support only generic bezels randomly only but as it matures it will support

rom specific bezels (which are not automatic yet, pending upcoming release) but can still be done using Hyper Bezel II with a little hand work.

Currently the app will only display bezels for games that have nothing.

IT has nothing to do with Mr do artwork .zip files.

If it detects them HBII will do nothing and shut itself down.

Mame will then display Mr Do artwork.

Even when Mr Do artwork does display, its not always the perfect scenario visually.

Hyper Bezel II was created to and is evolving to remedy that.

I went ahead and merged Krakerman's thread into my original Bezels project thread I had created a few years ago for the sake of continuity. Cool to see some of my bezels made it into chillinwater's project! :)

it will do all of Draco1962's bezels including the newest

"Blue Neon LCD 16-9.png" bezel...

(not Krakermans rom specific bezel atm but if he zips it up with the right .lay file and puts it in the artwork directory it will display without Hyper Bezel II)

for the "Blue Neon LCD 16-9.png" bezel...

just add the file name to the appropriate index in the settings II.ini and adjust the file count in the specific index

and lastly place the actual file in the...

\mame\artwork\_generic_bezel\vertical\ -folder

On ftp in the settings II.ini...

there are 6 indexes (indices), .

4x3 horizontal
4x3 vertical
16x9 horizontal
16x9 vertical
16x10 horizontal
16x10 vertical

you can add more indices and as many as you want.

just add "Blue Neon LCD 16-9.png" to the vertical index for 16x9.

You can tell its the 16x9 index by the default .lay file for that index...those can be changed too when you come across better ones.

and now that i see further up the post I see where I got some of the other bezels.

Draco1962 if you want me to remove them from my app, I sure will but thanks for all the inspiration :D

Big thanks to you Draco1962 (whether i have to remove them or not)

you were my inspiration in the first place...been collecting bezels for forever but never new where i got them...and now Ive found some more

The nice thing you can do with Hyper Bezel is that you can use it to create a bezel for a specific game then customize it as I did with Bagman. Since there is not a very easy to use Bezel maker which still shocks me to this day with all the popularity of MAME that noone has made such a program but Hyper Bezel can make the process of making custom bezels much easier than anything else out there that I have found. I think Chillinwater has done a very commendable job on this and his generosity is very much appreciated in letting us use it as well!

Thanks my friend!

Here is the Bagman Bezel. Just copy the zip to your MAME artwork folder then you may need to adjust the screen size a little within MAME itself for it to fit perfectly in the bezel but once you do it will be saved the next time you run the game.

Note: Updated Bezel (v2)

Here is the MAME setting to center the game screen. Change these in MAME:

Screen Horiz Stretch = 0.938

Screen Horiz Position = -0.006

Screen Vert Stretch = 0.778

Screen Vert Position = 0.000

The one issue I find with Hyper Bezel is it will overwrite an existing generic bezel in the artwork folder. Be nice to have an option to disable that if you have one that exist. Reason being is you may like a custom bezel that you made, but Hyper Bezel will overwrite it.

I will be creating custom bezels to go with my Gameroom themes (Pending time allowed and that real life doesn't get in the way). Not sure yet if I will include them with the themes or as a seperate d/l.

Stay tuned ....

Here is the Bagman Bezel. Un-zip it in your MAME artwork folder then you may need to adjust the screen size a little within MAME itself for it to fit perfectly in the bezel but once you do it will be saved the next time you run the game.

If you plan on using HyperBezel II, DONT unzip it...

Leave it zipped, named correctly and placed in the artwork directory or HBII WILL overwrite it.

Existing zips Like Mr Do's or ones you create and are (zipped) wont be touched by HBII.

I'm sorry if it has overwritten any of your hard work!!! :(

I should also note that the zip should be a .zip and not .rar

I could be mistaken with mame supporting .rar files but I do know HBII currently only looks for existing .zips.

If none are found it creates the romname folder and its files inside that folder.

If in fact Mame does support .rar art files, I'll add support to detect them and HBII will close without doing anything.

Just let me know!!

The one issue I find with Hyper Bezel is it will overwrite an existing generic bezel in the artwork folder. Be nice to have an option to disable that if you have one that exist. Reason being is you may like a custom bezel that you made, but Hyper Bezel will overwrite it.

It overwrites the files in the existing romname folder created by HBII so it can randomise it again which was intentional.

I had no idea users would be using their own folders and not zips.

Also, in the tips section of my release post in HS forums, I explain how you can save a bezel and link it permantly to a specific rom.

Which goes somthiing like this...

If you want to save it...

before you launch the game again, go into the artwork directory and zip up the contents of the rom folder created by Hyper Bezel II.

Then place that zip in the artwork directory and HBII will never touch it again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyper Bezel II has been updated on Emumovies FTP.

-you now designate emupath in the "settings II.ini" file instead of the path to Hyperspin.

Just grab the .exe and the new emupath key from settings II.ini so you dont lose anyother changes you might have made in the settings (fill in your path to mame and make sure you have a backslash on the end.

You can delete the temporary mostly empty Hyperspin folder structure if you had one.

HBII should now work with all FE's that support a pre-launch or post launch app.