All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

NEWS: GameEx 11.31

Tom Speirs

I like the search feature enhancements. As for the keyboard, while I prefer QWERTY, would it be possible to program it to select from QWERTY or Alpha-Numeric? HK's example is consistant with MCE so it would make since to allow consistancy with MCE for those that want it. This could be a selectable option in the configuration. Same suggestion for the auto-search (On or Off via the config).

I like the search feature enhancements. As for the keyboard, while I prefer QWERTY, would it be possible to program it to select from QWERTY or Alpha-Numeric? HK's example is consistant with MCE so it would make since to allow consistancy with MCE for those that want it. This could be a selectable option in the configuration. Same suggestion for the auto-search (On or Off via the config).

that is what i was going to suggest

@TOM

i would like to see how you plan to do this:

I was thinking about possibly enhancing the online keybaord to allow real time filterting of lists

Thanks Tom! Works as it should, but my mouse cursor still doesn't appear on screen (I use the joypad to navigate anyways so no biggie).

Thanks Tom! Works as it should, but my mouse cursor still doesn't appear on screen (I use the joypad to navigate anyways so no biggie).

I have a similar problem. The cursor appears over image / home / exit, but disappears when navigating to list / menu. The scroll bar appears as normal but any press of a mouse button be it left / right / back / forward sends GameEx to a black, non-responsive screen.

Joypad and Keyboard work as normal.

log.txt

I have a similar problem. The cursor appears over image / home / exit, but disappears when navigating to list / menu. The scroll bar appears as normal but any press of a mouse button be it left / right / back / forward sends GameEx to a black, non-responsive screen.

Joypad and Keyboard work as normal.

Is this is an issue just with the latest version?

Been an issue for me for some time now (last 4 or 5 builds if I was forced to estimate)... He just did a better job explaining what's happening on my machine. :)

Actually, it's kinda like the mouse cursor is just invisible or behind GameEx instead of over it.

Is this is an issue just with the latest version?

Hard to say personally as this is my first update since about 11.26, and it was working fine then.

Great update by the way, lovin' the on-screen keyboard.

** EDIT **

When I navigate away from GameEx and then go back to it, the mouse is working as normal.

Sorry Tom! My cab is all the way over there! ;)

I'll edit this post and up my log for you in a minute. I'm on XP Media Center over there by the way.

PS: It's not easy to read... GameEx had been running for a while when this log got created. I keep my cab on attract mode for days at a time.

I was thinking about possibly enhancing the online keybaord to allow real time filterting of lists. So you could like pop it up anytime. What do you guys think on that?

Tried the online keyboard and it works great. Thanks! Qwerty is fine and the real time filtering of all lists would be great! This could take care of a couple of my feature requests including search within game list for a selected system and being able to jump to a specific system in the list of emulated systems (useful when you have a lot of emulators.)

Would still love to see a "play list" feature so that one could select games based on genre (Sonic or Mario/DK for example) across emus/platforms to augment the Search and Favorites features.