All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Problem with Random Videos

sty151

Hello,

I've noticed a problem when playing videos either random or all that after the first video is played the second and consecutive videos will be a black screen with audio. Exiting will bring me back to GameEx with picture. Jukebox does not have this problem. I adjusted the codec and screensaver settings but this didn't help. Is there something I can change, has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.

What codec pack are you using? Can you skip manually to the next video, and does it still happen? Are they all the same kind of video encryption?

What codec pack are you using? Can you skip manually to the next video, and does it still happen? Are they all the same kind of video encryption?

Thanks, I'm using ffdshow and yes when I force it to the next video it still happens. My music videos are all different codecs and file extensions. But, I tried on some TV show episodes that were all encoded the same way with the same results. Could you please try to play some videos randomly (or all) and see if you get the same results. I'm not sure when this started but I know at some point I didn't have this problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the same problem too.

First video play fine, but I get a black screen with audio only on the next video.

I'm on Windows 7 and I have an ATI Radeon card.

Any idea on what the problem could be?

Yves

(what are the keys to control the video while playing?)

Unfortunately, I haven't had time to diagnose this yet but the first thing I was going to do was to uninstall my ffdshow codec and try either the Vista Codec Pack or Sharks Codec Pack. They include ffdshow. Iâ??m not a big fan of codec packs but people around here seem to like them. Iâ??m not sure which one Tom uses. I'll try a couple of things tonight and report my results back here.

I changed codecs without any luck either. After the first video I get audio no video if played by random or all. I can exit the video and get my video back. I'm also using Windows 7 and an ATI card. I've included my log and ini. I'd like to get this great feature back. Let me know if I can do anything else or what to change to fix it.

Thanks again,

sty151

Archive.zip

HideDesktop on or off didn't change the problem. But when I set up the configuration to run minimized it played the next video with audio and video no problem. Hope this helps and let me know if I can test anything else out.

Did you end up trying the Shark007 codec pack?

that was me Tempest,who you suggested to try the shark pack!LOL :lol:

and it worked!i was using the klite codec,and it wouldnt play HD video,but with the shark codec it plays fine