All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEx NetPlay - Client/Server MAME/Mess

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was there any lag on your end just now when we were playing?

I thought there was a wee bit from time to time but I was sure if it was lag or the wireless keyboard I'm using on my media pc as it has a tenancy to ignore button presses from time to time

I'm going to try hosting a game on my arcade so I can try and work out if its my media pc is blocking it or the router

can you try and join

Stu

Tom and Stu - I tried connecting to both of you but no luck. Game would load after accepting netplay request but still just me playing.

I have my router ports wide-open and even disabled firewall but no luck. sad.gif

I just connected to tspeirs and had a short run through Aliens. Was a bit laggy on my end, but playable. Of course, I got a couple of connections open at the same time, so that may factor in. I connected on the 2nd try. First try took a while but after the please wait thingy, it just kicked me back to the list, which only showed tspeirs. Good stuff. Really can't wait to see this feature ironed and polished out.

Does anyone from the states have Comcast? I tried disabling my Norton Firewall, made sure that Windows Firewall was disabled and router firewall is disabled. Some online tests show that I have 5805 open, others say Listening/Filtered. Regardless can't get past the connect phase... sigh.

Just a few tips. Set MAME to run in windowed mode so you can see whats going on in the console window. Yourll only see the port listending online when you actually have the app open and running as server.

Try using runitgame.bat and adding a pause to the batch file, so you can see the console window.

Does anyone from the states have Comcast? I tried disabling my Norton Firewall, made sure that Windows Firewall was disabled and router firewall is disabled. Some online tests show that I have 5805 open, others say Listening/Filtered. Regardless can't get past the connect phase... sigh.

Im sure you probably do, but do you actually have the port mapped via network address translation to your local machine IP? You shouldnt be disabling your routers firewall and it should not be an open port but a "mapped" port.

I just connected to tspeirs and had a short run through Aliens. Was a bit laggy on my end, but playable. Of course, I got a couple of connections open at the same time, so that may factor in. I connected on the 2nd try. First try took a while but after the please wait thingy, it just kicked me back to the list, which only showed tspeirs. Good stuff. Really can't wait to see this feature ironed and polished out.

Thanks for the quick test :) Just so others know unless the user accepts it will take you back to the list. I did not quite get to the machine in time to accept the first request.

Download and extract Client/Server MAME (Get it here: http://github.com/do..._v0_6_Win32.zip )

Setup the paths to Client/Server MAME and enable

i don't know where exactly should i extract this server or should i use it as the main mame emu in my gameex ? if so can you send here your configuration please ? just need some more detail about where to put these file and how to use it

Thanks for your help

ChrisQC

chrisqc.png