All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEx NetPlay - Client/Server MAME/Mess

I think you may be a bit confused here. CS-Mame is a separate executable that you need to download from here (Latest version is ClientServerMAME_v0_6_Win32.zip). Then you need to enable it and setup the correct path in the Setup Wizard.

EDIT: I've updated the first post with this info

I actually understood what it is, have it installed and configured (can't get it to connect to someone yet...).

What is confusing is what the author is trying to say about compatibility between 32 bit and 64 bit (32 bit and 62 bit what?) on the CSmame site when on another blog post he indicates being able to play cross-platform between 32 bit windows and 64 bit linux.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually understood what it is, have it installed and configured (can't get it to connect to someone yet...).

What is confusing is what the author is trying to say about compatibility between 32 bit and 64 bit (32 bit and 62 bit what?) on the CSmame site when on another blog post he indicates being able to play cross-platform between 32 bit windows and 64 bit linux.

Not sure why you mentioned MameUI then? The problem may lie with the Windows versions only since there are internal differences between the input systems on 32/64 bit Windows.

Anyone have any ideas why I am not able to connect to anyone? It is obvious I am not the sharpest when it comes to network issues. I have gone so far as to map the ports within the firewalls, setup rules within Norton Security Suite, disable all firewalls, disable Norton altogether, place my PC naked in DMZ, all to no avail.

Well so far I've connected only once and the gameplay/lag is bad that it's not very fun or playable yet. If this gets corrected then it will be an awesome!! feature but as of right now it doesn't and it's not very playable to the point of having fun smooth gameplay. Very nice feature to have in GameEx if the lag gets corrected. Guess I'll stick to my XBOX360 for online gameplay for now :):P

As far as 32/64bit not sure as I was playing with a 64bit version of MAME and it was working online when I tried it.

i did get it to work at least 3 time as a host and without lag but for the client its verry laggy ...and i never where able to connect to someone else ...

its an amazing feature in deed and verry promising,i will wait for the next version of vmame wich is supposed to correct some lag bug

i did get it to work at least 3 time as a host and without lag but for the client its verry laggy ...and i never where able to connect to someone else ...

its an amazing feature in deed and verry promising,i will wait for the next version of vmame wich is supposed to correct some lag bug

chrisqc - thanks for letting me attempt to connect. Hopefully I will figure out why it isn't allowing me to do so.

yeah no trouble,i'm here to test too and allow so :) i remarqued somethin when you connect to me. in the console it seem to have a hard time maping the control ...are you using a joystick or somethin ? try a test with keyboard as control to see if it goes ingame.

dunno who played "Joust" with me yesterday but it was verry funny :P the nickname was "boboss" or somethin ... here it was verry fluid as usual ( as a host ) this nickname and me were succeful in connecting and playing each other at least 3 time , i got my computer and my cab next to my bed lol sometime i hear the " should we play a game? " sound and i jump off the bed to accept the request loll so everybody who want to test somethin please feel free to ask me any game subjection ;) i really enjoy that new feature and can't wait for the next version of the server wich is supposed to correct a lot of bug !! please stay connected and try to share a game online so i could try again to connect to someone else ( never did it quite right ...) by the way sorry for my English as i am a "Quebeckers" from Quebec,canada ;) so i'm used to speak French :P

a good feature that i may suggest is "an autorefresh" of the game list every 5 second or somethin coz for now i need to back and select each time i want to update the list ,could be a great thing to add :) i tested the "request get you out of the screen saver" it did work and i hear the sound but i got a mame ui error that i have to click ok for ,it work but need some adjustment

keep up your good work

ChrisQC

Sweet new features!

ClientServerMAME/ClientServerMESS 0.7 is out

Updates:

Chat: You will be able to chat with other players in-game. Press 't' to open the chat dialog then type your chat and hit enter. The chats are color coded according to player.

Stats: Text box displaying bandwidth usage, ping, connection status, etc.

Bug: Fixed lag on games with anonymous timers (many old games)

Hey all,

The latest version of ClientServerMAME & ClientServerMESS includes statistics. With the statistics, you can find out what your ping and bandwidth are to the server.

If anyone is experiencing lag in their games, please post a screenshot here or send a screenshot to jgmath2000 _at_ gmail.com . This will help debug latency issues. Also, include the # of players playing, the name of the rom, and whether the lag was intermittent or constant.

Thanks!

Hey all,

The latest version of ClientServerMAME & ClientServerMESS includes statistics. With the statistics, you can find out what your ping and bandwidth are to the server.

If anyone is experiencing lag in their games, please post a screenshot here or send a screenshot to jgmath2000 _at_ gmail.com . This will help debug latency issues. Also, include the # of players playing, the name of the rom, and whether the lag was intermittent or constant.

Thanks!

I'd just like to personally say welcome to the forums and thanks again.

I can't even get this to dump the config file! :(

When I run the vmame.exe -cc command, all I get is an Illegal Operation error. Wish I could get this up and running...

I can't even get this to dump the config file! :(

When I run the vmame.exe -cc command, all I get is an Illegal Operation error. Wish I could get this up and running...

Hmmmmm. Just tested and I was able to create the config file just fine. Perhaps try downloading again and then try a different version to eliminate some possibilities.

ok so in the readme that comes with the mame client server,and it says that port 5805 must be open which will require some port fowarding but the thing is I already have a port fowarded for another program,can you have more then one port fowarded at a time?

ok so in the readme that comes with the mame client server,and it says that port 5805 must be open which will require some port fowarding but the thing is I already have a port fowarded for another program,can you have more then one port fowarded at a time?

Sure, as long as you aren't trying to forward the same port to two different destinations. You can forward as many ports as you want.

ok im not getting this one 3. Run "vmame -cc" to create mame.ini and set your correct ROM paths in mame.ini

i double click on "vmame"and it creates a cfg folder with "default"and "empty" files in it.....I dont see it creating a mame.ini file........ :huh:

ok im not getting this one 3. Run "vmame -cc" to create mame.ini and set your correct ROM paths in mame.ini

i double click on "vmame"and it creates a cfg folder with "default"and "empty" files in it.....I dont see it creating a mame.ini file........ :huh:

"vmame -cc" is something you need to type from the command line.

What OS are you running? Also, what version did you download?

Latest beta, Windows XP. I can create vanilla MAME's config just fine with command line though so who knows. Maybe someone can post theirs so I can see what is needed in that file and I can make my own?

Or can I use the MAME ini and just change it to make this work?