All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

mame 64 & light gun support

cquealy

Since it's so slow I'm hoping someone might me able to help me with a topic that I haven't been able to solve. I'm running Windows 7 & Mame64 but have to use mame32 to run my light gun games (Fortunately, Gameex supports using two versions!!!) as I can't configure the light guns to work in Mame64. I would like to only have to run the one version and the 64 bit would be faster for some of the games that really tax the computer.

So the question is, does anyone use Mame64 with light guns?

Thanks,

Since it's so slow I'm hoping someone might me able to help me with a topic that I haven't been able to solve. I'm running Windows 7 & Mame64 but have to use mame32 to run my light gun games (Fortunately, Gameex supports using two versions!!!) as I can't configure the light guns to work in Mame64. I would like to only have to run the one version and the 64 bit would be faster for some of the games that really tax the computer.

So the question is, does anyone use Mame64 with light guns?

Thanks,

Can you tell us what brand/model light guns you are using? Are you using an interface other than USB connected to yoru light guns? Also, since you are trying to use them through a 64-bit program, have you checked to see if the manufacturer has a 64-bit driver?

Can you tell us what brand/model light guns you are using? Are you using an interface other than USB connected to yoru light guns? Also, since you are trying to use them through a 64-bit program, have you checked to see if the manufacturer has a 64-bit driver?

Act Labs Guns. Guns work in windows 7 64 bit just fine but not mame64. unlike in Mame32 where you can configure the x & y axis, cant seem to do it in mame64.

Have you tried manually editing the cfg file to see if you can add the x- and y-axis? I've found that MAME doesn't always do the in-game setting correctly with guns. Usually, once I add the correct configuration manually, it does work if the guns are configured correctly.

BTW, what drivers are you using (Act Labs, guncon2pc, wingun, other)? I hear that MAME doesn't like using wingun in current builds because it takes 2 guns and makes them one mouse (only matters if you have 2 guns). Is there an older version of the 64-bit code available for MAME 0.117? I have been custom compiling MAME for quite some times and have found that if I turn off the RAW input system things work nicely.