All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Sorting options

The T

I swear I read this somewhere, but I'm not sure if it was just a feature request or if it's actually in there--if it is, I can't find it.

So what I want to know is, is there a way to "group" the same games? What I mean is, for MAME, have "Play Game" lead to the US/main ROM, while have an option for "Other Version" that shows all the other country/versions of game. Would be nice to have it for other emulators to do this as well, but it would probably require one to manually link the ROMs together... which would be doable.

So it is possible? Is it a potential feature request?

Outside of that, when messing around with the MAME sorting options, what can I expect if I filter out games? Ideally I would like only one version of each game to be in the main list, but I don't want it to accidentally filter out any games...

There is a description of what they do in the configuration utilities, but its fairly straight forward. For emulators it does exactly what you asked. For MAME, it basically narrows the list down to uniquely named games, regardless of clone or country.

Hmm... unless I'm missing something/chose the wrong option, the only one I can see is "Remove Duplicates", which... just flat out removes the duplicates. I want to merge everything under one item, so I can choose which version of the game to play. Is that at all possible?

Okay, so I just registered and got this setup for the other emulators. But it doesn't seem to be working right. A few games that all have the same name (like Super Mario World) are showing up right, but games with different names (Super Mario World - Yossy's Island VS Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island) aren't being combined.

Another set I have is merged in 7zip format, and for that one, it's only reading the main name, not looking at the roms in the 7zip archive. I'm positive I have 7zip support on. But it just reads it as the title of the 7zip archive, doesn't load up any information from the game's database, and doesn't let me choose which ROM to run.

GameEx has no way of knowing the games are the same if they have different filenames when using the merge feature. The goodmerge feature can do that though if setup correctly. Im wondering if its not working becasue you have both the merge and 7-zip goodmerge feature on at the same time?

Quite possibly! I was looking through other topics and saw information on map files and using parent/clone dats. Any easy guide on what I would need to do to get that all set up?

Sorry for all the dumb questions... :S

EDIT: Currently playing with RomCenter and using it to merge my roms, so we'll see what the results are...