All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

MAME not using correct ROM path.

The T

I have my MAME emulator on my C: drive, but all my roms on my E: drive. In the GameEX Setup Wizard, I choose the E: drive for both the MAME setup and the GameEX rom lookup setup. The roms show up in GameEX, but when it tries to launch them, according to the log, it's still searching in "C:\Emulators\Mame32\roms". Is there any other place I can correct this if the Setup Wizard is reporting something else?

I have my MAME emulator on my C: drive, but all my roms on my E: drive. In the GameEX Setup Wizard, I choose the E: drive for both the MAME setup and the GameEX rom lookup setup. The roms show up in GameEX, but when it tries to launch them, according to the log, it's still searching in "C:\Emulators\Mame32\roms". Is there any other place I can correct this if the Setup Wizard is reporting something else?

You cannot have your ROMS, for any system in the ROOT of any drive. It is a Gameex issue. Your roms HAVE to be in a subfolder. Period.

Example E:\MAME\ROMS\

you can navigate to your MAME directory, via command prompt. Type MAME.EXE -cc and it will create a MAME.ini

In that INI you can specify many global mame options, such as video mode and resolution and rom path.

The roms are in E:\Roms\Mame\roms, does that count? GameEX can see them fine. I'll try changing it in mame.ini and see if that helps.

If that fails, I'll just put MAME on my storage drive with the roms.

The roms are in E:\Roms\Mame\roms, does that count? GameEX can see them fine. I'll try changing it in mame.ini and see if that helps.

If that fails, I'll just put MAME on my storage drive with the roms.

If your roms are in "E:\Roms\Mame\roms" that should be ok. Create and edit your mame.ini. It should resolve your issues.

BTW: Have you checked the Gameex Advance Config? This is diffrent than the setupwizard. They essentially do the same thing. But Id check just to be sure the paths are indeed correct.

Take Care.

Okay, I just found what it is. I'm not sure if this applies to regular MAME, but I'm using AdvanceMAME and in the setup for it, it's set to "-dir_rom "C:\Emulators\Mame32\roms". So I had to actually change that for AdvanceMAME in the GameEX settings. Derp.

Edited by Draco1962
This thread is now closed. If the problem re-occurs, please start a new thread.