All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

NEWS: GameEx 11 released

Tom Speirs

I upgraded to 11.3 from 10.80 on my test machine, and now my GameExIsLoading.png is not displayed on start up...

I've looked through the log, and I don't see anything regarding this not being found. Did something change?

Also, my startbak.avi is no longer playing? Any ideas? I've attached my log.txt file just in case it helps.

BTW. I love the transparency support in PNGs now! But now I need to go re-work my theme! :rolleyes:

Thanks for all of the great updates Tom!!

log.txt

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I upgraded to 11.3 from 10.80 on my test machine, and now my GameExIsLoading.png is not displayed on start up...

I've looked through the log, and I don't see anything regarding this not being found. Did something change?

Also, my startbak.avi is no longer playing? Any ideas? I've attached my log.txt file just in case it helps.

BTW. I love the transparency support in PNGs now! But now I need to go re-work my theme! :rolleyes:

Thanks for all of the great updates Tom!!

There was problems with the loading screen not stretching full screen so I believe Tom removed it.

There was problems with the loading screen not stretching full screen so I believe Tom removed it.

Thank You!! I've been switching options for the last two days trying to figure out what I changed to make it stop showing.

Sorry.

Display Settings -> Advanced -> Troublesoot

I found that setting, it was set to the highest. I can see the screen during the auto update and when the screensaver starts and plays a game.

Hi,

I've just update GameEx and noticed when I have background images for each list item they transition with a fade effect now instead of switching instantly.

Is there a way to turn this off? I want the background image for the selected file to appear instantly without a transition. I've gone through the advanced configuration and could not find the option.

Thanks for any help! I've just registered GameEx, it's great. :)

Can you please try rebooting and doing a manual reinstall over the top. This does not appear to be an error relating to direct3d. I think basically a few files were not updated when you upgraded. What version did you upgrade from?

PS: It really should still be supported on most hardware. It barely uses the full potential of Direct3D. If cards support DirectDraw i would have thought they would support Direct3d to the extent required.

Cheers, and please report back.

Tom.

Cheers, Tom! The manual update did the trick. Keep up the good work!

I found that setting, it was set to the highest. I can see the screen during the auto update and when the screensaver starts and plays a game.

Can you zip and post your gameex.ini please. Hopefully its a setting I can duplicate. Im gearing towards bug at this point as its working elsewhere in the app.

Can you zip and post your gameex.ini please. Hopefully its a setting I can duplicate. Im gearing towards bug at this point as its working elsewhere in the app.

Thank you for looking into this for me. Here's my GameEx.ini. There were several ini files in the CONFIG folder but it was the only one named GameEx. I can also put in an older video card and drivers if you'd like me to try that. Just let me know what I can do.

GameEx.zip

Thank you for looking into this for me. Here's my GameEx.ini. There were several ini files in the CONFIG folder but it was the only one named GameEx. I can also put in an older video card and drivers if you'd like me to try that. Just let me know what I can do.

Hi,

The config works for me, so its not that. Couple of things to try. Try using the default - media centre theme. It may be a theme issue such as a foreground masking the display. Try running windowed, just to see if it works. Try newer drivers (I realise you said your using the latest release, but its possible some support files were updated).

I updated last night to 11.05 and let me tell you, holy lord its fast. Honestly, I still can't believe it. Thanks for the hard work and to all the testers. GameEx owns. :D

Everytime GameEx started it told me it was going to do a auto update. After each update it still was on 10.70.

I did a manual update to 11.06 and now gaemEx gives me an error mesage.

GameEx LOG ATTACHED.

@starbuck: updated hardware drivers or reinstalled DirectX yet?

Just updated after playing Red Dead for a few weeks, damn this looks much nicer than before. Smooth. B)

updated directx. Have now updated video card and now works but way slow. Have turned off alphablending and several other effects and it is at least playable. Guess time for a new computer. Is it possible to go back to an earlier version in the mean time.

I have 2 emulator setups each for Visual Pinball 8 & one for VP9. I have them grouped so it shows under just Visual Pinball. My issue I am having is every so often when I run say a VP9 table it exits back to GameEx then when I run a VP8 table it runs and plays fine. I exit back to GameEx and try and run that VP9 table that wouldn't run it now runs fine. It happens at random intervals and it's like it gets confused or something. Other than that 11.06 running good here.

Every time I click on mame it tries to update the game list and after a minute or so, Game Ex either crashes with an error, or the system reboots.

I was using 10.something for the last couple of weeks without too many problems, but I updated to 11 last night and now it crashes every time I run it.

Win xp pro

Athlon xp 3200+ 1gb ram

I have the exact same problem, except I don't get reboots. The last line in the log is "Adding History.dat Series info to gamelist". I updated history.dat in case that was the problem, no difference. Thanks.

--

John

log.zip

I have the exact same problem, except I don't get reboots. The last line in the log is "Adding History.dat Series info to gamelist". I updated history.dat in case that was the problem, no difference. Thanks.

--

John

You know my cabinet has been dying on me too and I run an AMD Athalon XP in it. Makes me wonder if the processor isn't making everything wonky? Too crazy to be a coincidence...

--

John

Can you try disabling the ICONS path, and see if that helps.

Can you try disabling the ICONS path, and see if that helps.

Thanks Tom. I tried that, no help. It gets up to about 600 and something in "adding series to gamelist" and just quits. The log appears to be the same.

What version of MAME are you running (exactly)?

Can you elobarate on "just quits"?

Thanks.

Plain MAME 138. The update disappears and I'm just looking at the desktop. Sometimes I get an error message (send or don't send) but not always.

Plain MAME 138. The update disappears and I'm just looking at the desktop. Sometimes I get an error message (send or don't send) but not always.

I did some Windows updates, and now I'm past 1000. Is it going to go to 7 or 8 thousand or so? That will take the better part of a half hour. Normal?

Oh well, it quit after 1000 or so.