All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Do you like GameEx?

Hey

If you like GameEx please show your support by voting on the BYOAC forum.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=84933.0

Other front ends have a similar pinned topic and I wanted to ensure GameEx gets the recognition for the effort myself and many others have put into our very popular front end.

I also wanted to again thank everyone involved. Many folks have contributed to the project over the years (you know who you are) and have really helped build on things I alone could not have done.

Thanks.

Tom.

PS: Please see the Credits page at http://www.gameex.com/About/Credits.aspx and if ive missed anyone please let me know.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I voted for GameEx a while ago. Has anything changed since? Not a bit! If anything, I have promoted it more by adding it in Facebook, talk it up with friends whenever I can (my wife is starting to get a glazed expression now.. laugh.gif ). Since I first downloaded it for the first time sometime early last year, I have seen its capabilities grow 10-fold. As I learn to better use its features (Theme Editor, Custom Menus, etc.) I find myself even more impressed by it!

We have one of the best forums of any Frontend bar-none. The users, programmers, and moderators are genuinely motivated to helping newbs to advanced users alike. Issues are quickly resolved by Tom and features are added with a regularity that other authors should take notice and attempt to emulate.

While some offer more "eye candy" out of the box, they lack in support from their creators and the forums are not the most friendly to the new user as this one. Like most here, I like to take the basic recipe given and add to it to create my own "eye candy" and don't feel inhibited to share it with others. Criticism is often constructive. It drives most of us to explore, improve, and create more.

Thanks Tom and GameEX Gods/Gurus for making my stay here and use of this fine software worthwhile!

I keep waiting for someone to say "No, it sucks". tongue.gif

LOL! Don't think that will happen unless they totally lack any class. I think most vote with their posts/contributions to the forum. I am registered on some of the other FE sites, but have posted little if any. As Dirty Harry says... "Don't go away mad - just go away!"

I too have to say how awesome gameex and its forum is!I dont think I ever waited more then a few minutes when I asked a question.and I also have tried the other FE available,and they dont hold a candle to gameex.After dloading gameex,and setting up a few emu's,it only took about 20 mintutes for me to donate to get the full version.I have told all my gaming friends and they all agree that gameex is the best FE available.its so great to not have 35 emulator icons on my desktop and toolbar anymore!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

GameEx makes the whole home arcade experience more enjoyable.

Seconded. I've gained a 'second wind' of rather than letting my cab gather dust with the occasional boot-to-windows and run mame32.exe, before using a handheld keyboard to jump through games..... into a fully-fledged, cab-control navigable enjoyable experience, with loads of systems up and running!

Well worth the investment :)

• 5 months later...

not going to lie, this marriage with gameex has been a very rough one. i like what it can do, and i have put enough manhours into configuration of this thing to be a part-time laborer. but the reason i have stuck it out for so long is that after it gets configured it simply works. it is a great middle ground compared to the others. hyperspin is extremely flashy, and i could see myself getting annoyed with it. and most of the others dont have the features or configuration options i would like. still though, i should give hyperspin or maximus arcade a shot since i have given some time for them to mature more. i know my gf loves the way the media center has turned out with gameex. but i do question if gameex is the "best out there".