All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Problems

Krakerman

Well I bought a new gaming PC with Windows 7 and I am trying to setup GameEx all over again and running into issues. My question is when I use the Valhala theme I setup say Atari 2600 emulator to use the ataribak image but it doesn't display it for some reason. Is there a place that enables and disables background images? I checked all over and I don't see it. Also I really wanted to use the Hybrid Blue - Widescreen theme but the every menu that has the letter A has some wierd white make in front of it. Like some letter that is cut off. any ideas?

Well I bought a new gaming PC with Windows 7 and I am trying to setup GameEx all over again and running into issues. My question is when I use the Valhala theme I setup say Atari 2600 emulator to use the ataribak image but it doesn't display it for some reason. Is there a place that enables and disables background images? I checked all over and I don't see it. Also I really wanted to use the Hybrid Blue - Widescreen theme but the every menu that has the letter A has some wierd white make in front of it. Like some letter that is cut off. any ideas?

To enable the custom background for an emulator, all that needs to be done is to select it in the Custom Background setting found in the Emulator Setup section. As far as the other issue, I have no clue since don't use that theme but hopefully someone who has experience with that will jump in.

Yes I switched back to the latest version and it doesn't work again. The other thing happening as well is that when I am on the main menu it keeps showing under the icon a snap or avi of various emulators very wierd. it doesn't happen on my older verion which is btw 10.42. I'll stick with it until Tom can fix these gremlins. :)

I'm having the same background issue with my emulators too. None of them show when they are selected and enabled, even with different themes. Not a huge big deal but, it has been addressed.

I'm having the same background issue with my emulators too. None of them show when they are selected and enabled, even with different themes. Not a huge big deal but, it has been addressed.

This is fixed in 10.53. Available in about 10 minutes.

The avi/snap previews are a new feature introduced recently. Your saying you dont like it!?

This is fixed in 10.53. Available in about 10 minutes.

The avi/snap previews are a new feature introduced recently. Your saying you dont like it!?

Say whaaaaat?! :lol: I freakin love GameEx! Thanks Tom!

Yeah I don't like the snaps on the main menu only in each individual emulator is great :)!! Thanks for all the hard work on GameEx Tom as this is the best Frontend on the market in my opinion :)

UPDATE: 10.53 fixed the problem!! Thanks Tom :)

I,m using the Valhalla theme too and the latest changes does make the background change when you select an emulator, but when you return to the main screen it doesn't switch back to the base background. Anyone else have this problem?

10.54 broke the snaps showing up again under the main menu like last game played ect all I want is just the icon to be displayed not the snap as well.

Like I said its not a bug, its a feature.

Anyone else opposed to this new feature. Let me know. Maybe I can add an option. Although Im always opposed to adding yet more configuration.

Like I said its not a bug, its a feature.

Anyone else opposed to this new feature. Let me know. Maybe I can add an option. Although Im always opposed to adding yet more configuration.

I'm not much for that feature as well but to each his/her own. I really agree with not adding another setting. We have enough as is. ;)

Just adding and enable/disable option would be nice under the display would be nice :) Oh well for now I guess I'll go back to 10.42 since it doesn't do it with that version. I know this is off topic Tom, but can it be possible to change the font colors/size under each individual emulator? The reason I ask is because some of the emulator background images make it hard to see the fonts because they are white.

Well under the last played is fine, but under most played and favorites it just looks wierd and it just displays random images. On 10.53 it didn't do that but with 10.54 it does. As I was also saying about the fonts if the only color you can use is white it makes using the background image almost unusable because alot of cool background images that are out there make it hard to see the white fonts.