All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Problem with Desmume and GameEX

zarkok

Hi, I am a registered user of GameEx. I can use Desmume SVN emulator in GameEx but I have a problem. I use Xbox 360 wireless control pad and when I open Desmume (not using GameEx, opening directly) and it loads a rom, it works correctly but when I use GameEx and load a rom using this front-end, Desmume loads the game correctly but when I am going to press the buttons in the gamepad the game is slow and then the emulator freezes.

Desmume -> load rom -> play with xbox 360 pad -> CORRECT

GameEx -> load Desmume with the game selected -> when I hold a button pressed during the game the emulator freezes -> THIS IS THE PROBLEM

I can't play Desmume usign GameEx then.

Do you know the solution for this problem?

Thanks,

Francisco.

P.S: Sorry for my English.

Hi, I am a registered user of GameEx. I can use Desmume SVN emulator in GameEx but I have a problem. I use Xbox 360 wireless control pad and when I open Desmume (not using GameEx, opening directly) and it loads a rom, it works correctly but when I use GameEx and load a rom using this front-end, Desmume loads the game correctly but when I am going to press the buttons in the gamepad the game is slow and then the emulator freezes.

Desmume -> load rom -> play with xbox 360 pad -> CORRECT

GameEx -> load Desmume with the game selected -> when I hold a button pressed during the game the emulator freezes -> THIS IS THE PROBLEM

I can't play Desmume usign GameEx then.

Do you know the solution for this problem?

Thanks,

Francisco.

P.S: Sorry for my English.

Run a game again and after it duplicates the issue you're having then exit GameEx and then run the runitgame.bat file found in Start >> All Programs >> GameEx >> Utilities >> Run Last Game. If it happens when running the runitgame.bat file then we can determine from there that it's an emulator issue and not GameEx related.

Ok, I ran GameEx, I loaded a game usign Desmume emulator inside GameEx and then I hold down a button on Xbox 360 pad (move with D-PAD for example) and the emulator freezes.

I closed GameEx and I ran "The Last Game" .bat from GameEx Utilities and desmume works perfectly. No problem. There is a problem when GameEx is running at the same time with Desmume.

I uploaded to Mediafire a small video that I recorded with the bug.

You can download it from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?mdvoodmzjfz

I use Xbox 360 Wireless Pad.

Any solution? I hope you can solve the problem.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I made some tries to get Desmume working with GameEx.

1) If I run Desmume and load a game and after that I open GameEx. Desmume works perfectly.

2) If I run GameEx and I load the a game by command line through GameEx, Desmume the controls don't work, when you hold on a button it is like you are pressing a lot of times a key and the emulator freezes, if you press CTRL + ALT + SUPR the Windows menu appears and then Desmume works again.

3) I tried one more thing: I made a loader using AutoIt to load desmume, automatically press file, load, write the full path of the game and press enter. The loader works but I have the same problem, when I press a key (for example RIGHT) the emulator get slower and freezes.

4) I tried to use the keyboard keys to map the emulator and the same problem. I use Xbox 360 pad and a normal keyboard with the same result.

I used "The Last Game" .bat in GameEx folder and this work.

I hope you can fix this or to say me what is the problem, I don't know what more to try to make Desmume (best nds emulator) work with GameEx (best frontend).

Thanks,

Francisco.

It's working! I saw what you said and I was using the advanced config "[Mapping Off] Exit (Process Close)" for this emulator. When I disabled it in SetupWizard, I tried again and it is working now, that was the problem.

Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hate to bump an old thread but, I just decided to try this emulator (DeSmuME VS2008 x64 release) for compatiblity and am experiencing what zarkok was having trouble with. His "fix" isn't doing it for me. I too am using a 360 gamepad for this emu and it freezes or pauses when buttons are pressed and the same happens if I config the controls to my cab cp. Even though the runitgame.bat plays a game flawless, inside GameEx seems to be the issue. Can anyone else duplicate this issue?

Hate to bump an old thread but, I just decided to try this emulator (DeSmuME VS2008 x64 release) for compatiblity and am experiencing what zarkok was having trouble with. His "fix" isn't doing it for me. I too am using a 360 gamepad for this emu and it freezes or pauses when buttons are pressed and the same happens if I config the controls to my cab cp. Even though the runitgame.bat plays a game flawless, inside GameEx seems to be the issue. Can anyone else duplicate this issue?

Please export your emulator config and post it.

Whoops, my bad. ds.txt

According to your config and advanced config is being used. As suggested it seems that this needs to be removed and tested again. Said the fix isn't doing anything for you yet the config that was posted shows that the fix isn't being used. Please blank out that setting so that no advanced config is being used for this emulator and report and export again so we can verify.

• Like 1

According to your config and advanced config is being used. As suggested it seems that this needs to be removed and tested again. Said the fix isn't doing anything for you yet the config that was posted shows that the fix isn't being used. Please blank out that setting so that no advanced config is being used for this emulator and report and export again so we can verify.

Yeah, whoops again. Seems I somehow misread that thinking that enabling [Mapping Off] was the fix. Slight Monday detail. :P

Works fine now. And, better than No$GBA and No$Zoomer. Games that weren't loading or had texture issues work and run.

Yeah, whoops again. Seems I somehow misread that thinking that enabling [Mapping Off] was the fix. Slight Monday detail. :P

Works fine now. And, better than No$GBA and No$Zoomer. Games that weren't loading or had texture issues work and run.

Monday Detail? No wonder you're all messed up. It's Thursday. :lol::P

LOL. Good deal. Will mark this old post resolved since was resolved twice. I'll have to test as I haven't played with DS emulation for some time.

Is Desmume really better than No$GBA/No$Zoomer? Do all games run correctly? I might be interested in this too if it's as good as you say it is. I don't do much DS emulation either (thanks CycloDS) but if the compatability is on target I might add this.

Is Desmume really better than No$GBA/No$Zoomer? Do all games run correctly? I might be interested in this too if it's as good as you say it is. I don't do much DS emulation either (thanks CycloDS) but if the compatability is on target I might add this.

I haven't tested personally but according to NONMESS, it surpasses No$GBA. And I find NONMESS to be a great source. Also find it to have better ratings from some of my emulator sources. So good enough reason for me to start using it. Will test as soon as my company leaves. ;)

I think so. The only thing I haven't test yet on it is 90 degree angle games (Ninja Gaiden). I'll hit that up once I hit home. If you do set it up make sure to NOT use a Mapping Off and have a send key to ALT ENTER for fullscreen.

Damn I though emulation was slow because it was not a complete emulator.

I just disabled advanced config and it now runs perfect.

Thanks guys.

Can anybody tell me why having "Advanced config" enabled slows this down?

You wouldnt believe the pain I went through to get this working full screen, I had a massive issue with the send keys function making this emulator go full screen but after 2 hours of AHK forum scripting I have it working perfect now.

My Fullscreen script .exe (AHK)

IfWinExist ahk_class DeSmuME ;If DeSmuME 0.9.6 x86 is already open
{
WinActivate ;Make Window Active
}
else
{
WinWait ahk_class DeSmuME ;Wait for a window named "DeSmuME 0.9.6 x86" to load
WinActivate ;make that window active
}
send !{ENTER} ;send ALT+Enter key to program

My Emu Config should anyone want to copy my setup

[Emulator_13]
Enabled=True
System=Nintendo DS
Category=Handheld
Emulator=DeSmuME
Version=0.9.6
Rating=
DownloadUrl=http://www.gamesdbase.com/setupwizard/emulators/download/DeSmuME.7z
RequiredFiles=
Website=http://www.desmume.com/
Info=Nintendo DS emulator
TITLETEXT=Nintendo DS
STARTPAGENAME=[Handheld] Nintendo DS (DeSmuME)
StartPageLogo=Nintendo DS
Command=DeSmuME.exe "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"
ROMFilter=*.zip;*.rar;*.7z;*.nds
Database=[Handheld] Nintendo DS
configFile=
MAPFile=
RomPath=D:\Games\ROMs\Game Boy DS
SnapPath=D:\Games\emulated\Nintendo game boy advance, DS\Snaps\DS
TitlePath=
BoxPath=
CartPath=
ManualPath=
ControlPanelPath=D:\Games\emulated\Nintendo game boy advance, DS\DS Cntrols\Nintendo DS.png
WorkingPath=D:\Games\emulated\GameEX downloaded\DeSmuME
MapKeys=True
WaitBeforeKeys=
SendKeys=
ReplaceDash=False
ReplaceUnder=True
Capitals=False
RemoveBrackets=True
ShowDesktop=True
Debug=False
AlsoLaunch=D:\Games\Ultils\Scripts\FullScreenScript.exe
OLDatZip=
LaunchBefore=D:\Games\Ultils\xpadder\xpadderGameBoy DS.bat
LaunchAfter=tskill.exe xpadder
ExcludedFiles=
CustomBackground=
PlayMusic=False
DontShowInfo=
PlaySelectionMusic=False
SelectionMusicFolder=
PCGame=False
GamesIn7Zips=False
PlayInScreenSaver=False
ShowMostPlayed=True
RandomMostPlayed=True
CDCheck=False
CDCheckFile=
RomsInFolders=
InstructionsPath=
TVAdPath=
MusicPath=
ImageNotFound=
UseDbName=
MergeSets=
CustomArtName1=
CustomArtPath1=
CustomArtName2=
CustomArtPath2=
CustomArtName3=
CustomArtPath3=
CustomArtName4=
CustomArtPath4=
CustomArtName5=
CustomArtPath5=
GameExtenderCustomArtPath=
GameExtenderConstants=
lastgame=

I can finally put the gameboy DS to sleep now yay.

Damn I though emulation was slow because it was not a complete emulator.

I just disabled advanced config and it now runs perfect.

Thanks guys.

Can anybody tell me why having "Advanced config" enabled slows this down?

You wouldnt believe the pain I went through to get this working full screen, I had a massive issue with the send keys function making this emulator go full screen but after 2 hours of AHK forum scripting I have it working perfect now.

My Fullscreen script .exe (AHK)

IfWinExist ahk_class DeSmuME ;If DeSmuME 0.9.6 x86 is already open
{
WinActivate ;Make Window Active
}
else
{
WinWait ahk_class DeSmuME ;Wait for a window named "DeSmuME 0.9.6 x86" to load
WinActivate ;make that window active
}
send !{ENTER} ;send ALT+Enter key to program

My Emu Config should anyone want to copy my setup

[Emulator_13]
Enabled=True
System=Nintendo DS
Category=Handheld
Emulator=DeSmuME
Version=0.9.6
Rating=
DownloadUrl=http://www.gamesdbase.com/setupwizard/emulators/download/DeSmuME.7z
RequiredFiles=
Website=http://www.desmume.com/
Info=Nintendo DS emulator
TITLETEXT=Nintendo DS
STARTPAGENAME=[Handheld] Nintendo DS (DeSmuME)
StartPageLogo=Nintendo DS
Command=DeSmuME.exe "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]"
ROMFilter=*.zip;*.rar;*.7z;*.nds
Database=[Handheld] Nintendo DS
configFile=
MAPFile=
RomPath=D:\Games\ROMs\Game Boy DS
SnapPath=D:\Games\emulated\Nintendo game boy advance, DS\Snaps\DS
TitlePath=
BoxPath=
CartPath=
ManualPath=
ControlPanelPath=D:\Games\emulated\Nintendo game boy advance, DS\DS Cntrols\Nintendo DS.png
WorkingPath=D:\Games\emulated\GameEX downloaded\DeSmuME
MapKeys=True
WaitBeforeKeys=
SendKeys=
ReplaceDash=False
ReplaceUnder=True
Capitals=False
RemoveBrackets=True
ShowDesktop=True
Debug=False
AlsoLaunch=D:\Games\Ultils\Scripts\FullScreenScript.exe
OLDatZip=
LaunchBefore=D:\Games\Ultils\xpadder\xpadderGameBoy DS.bat
LaunchAfter=tskill.exe xpadder
ExcludedFiles=
CustomBackground=
PlayMusic=False
DontShowInfo=
PlaySelectionMusic=False
SelectionMusicFolder=
PCGame=False
GamesIn7Zips=False
PlayInScreenSaver=False
ShowMostPlayed=True
RandomMostPlayed=True
CDCheck=False
CDCheckFile=
RomsInFolders=
InstructionsPath=
TVAdPath=
MusicPath=
ImageNotFound=
UseDbName=
MergeSets=
CustomArtName1=
CustomArtPath1=
CustomArtName2=
CustomArtPath2=
CustomArtName3=
CustomArtPath3=
CustomArtName4=
CustomArtPath4=
CustomArtName5=
CustomArtPath5=
GameExtenderCustomArtPath=
GameExtenderConstants=
lastgame=

I can finally put the gameboy DS to sleep now yay.

And using sendkeys from the config itself can eliminate the need for a script so it can all be handled by GameEx.

As far as using an advanced config and why it's conflicting, this is something I would have to test to figure out. Maybe someone who actually uses this emulator can jump in and explain but if not then I'll figure it out.

I think so. The only thing I haven't test yet on it is 90 degree angle games (Ninja Gaiden). I'll hit that up once I hit home. If you do set it up make sure to NOT use a Mapping Off and have a send key to ALT ENTER for fullscreen.

Angled games work just as good. Bye bye No$GBA.