All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RELEASE] Delete Excluded Roms

Tempest

This program will help you delete any/all roms from your emulators 'excluded roms' list.

Run the program, and you will get a list of emulators that you have setup in GameEx, that are both enabled AND have romnames in the excluded roms list.

post-2333-126998662068_thumb.jpg

Select the Emulator(s) that you want to work with, and And click on 'Preview'.

post-2333-126998664201_thumb.jpg

The roms from the exluded roms list, along with their relationship to the Emulator (and to each other) are shown in a Treeview. If you select a parent item, the children will be selected automatically. The first rom in my CPS-3 list is a romname with more than one file, such as a bin/cue situation. If I expand the tree, I will see all of the files with that romname.

post-2333-126998665509_thumb.jpg

Put a tick in the box to mark any roms that you want to delete, and click 'Delete'. The roms will be deleted, and the romname will be removed from your excluded files list.

Delete Excluded Roms 1.01.exe.7z

smile.gif

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
I just use the program and all it has done is clear the list of excluded roms. Now back to have my dirty list and the roms I do not want.

I thought this program erased roms from the original folder, but it seems that all it does is clear the list of excluded roms (do not understand that it serves this)

Any solution?

I runned the tool as administrator when this happened.... :mellow:

I do not understand that now I can not see the letters on the list of excluded games emulator I've tried deleting the roms with this utility. If I select the content of the box and paste it in a txt i see the names of my excluded games, but not seen in the textbox excluded games on Gameex ....

Occurs only in the emulator I have used this utility. In the other I see the text properly in the excluded games list on Gameex config.

The other thing that I'm slightly concerned about is the age of this application. It's almost 5 years old at this point, and the GameEx.ini (which this program uses to extract the list of excluded ROMs) has changed a lot in the intervening years. I'm not currently at a place where I can test, but when I have a few minutes I'll try to remember to take a look. It's definitely possible that this utility is no longer compatible with the modern layout of the gameex.ini.