All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Sega Saturn (SSF Emulator)

KaseKlose

Is there a way for SSF to go into full screen?

Can press Alt+Enter to enter fullscreen mode the first time and it adds the setting to the SSF.ini file so that it launches fullscreen every time. Or you can also just change the setting in the SSF.ini yourself. It can be found in the [screen] section and change the setting FullscreenDisplay="1".

Can press Alt+Enter to enter fullscreen mode the first time and it adds the setting to the SSF.ini file so that it launches fullscreen every time. Or you can also just change the setting in the SSF.ini yourself. It can be found in the [screen] section and change the setting FullscreenDisplay="1".

thanks. question: can GameEx force SSF to go into full screen? I have to keep changing the ini to "1". It won't stay full screen. Also once full screen, the picture is "letter boxed"?

Edit: It does go into FULL SCREEN mode just have to alt+enter every time. The letter box was just part of the intro to Clockwork Knight. Frequency, I changed the ini to "1" on fullscreendisplay, it doesn't go into full screen mode. I went back to check why...I noticed the "1" doesn't stay put meaning it goes back to "0". Hope this all makes sense.

thanks. question: can GameEx force SSF to go into full screen? I have to keep changing the ini to "1". It won't stay full screen. Also once full screen, the picture is "letter boxed"?

Edit: It does go into FULL SCREEN mode just have to alt+enter every time. The letter box was just part of the intro to Clockwork Knight. Frequency, I changed the ini to "1" on fullscreendisplay, it doesn't go into full screen mode. I went back to check why...I noticed the "1" doesn't stay put meaning it goes back to "0". Hope this all makes sense.

Yes. Makes sense. ;)

Sometimes I've seen this happen when the emulator doesn't close out cleanly. The solution is to make the change and set the file to read only so it doesn't rewrite it again. Or to use an advanced config to close it out with the correct key press. Another solution would be just to send Alt+Enter with the send keys setting in GameEx. Lots of possibilities there for you to toy with. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

Hi, I've found this messsage looking for a command line parameter to launch SSF (I'm doing it through SSFLoader + a .chd converted file) in fullscreen mode... and... no luck...

So I've been testing till find that the option wich says to the SSF Emulator to start in full screen mode is the "ScreenMode=" paramater in SSF.ini

ScreenMode=1 means full screen

ScreenMode= means windows mode

The only you need to start SSF in fullscreen mode is to change that parameter before launching it, and you can do it "on the go" through a batch file script and an old, little and usefull opensource aplitation: FART (hahaha) Find And Replace Text

https://sourceforge.net/projects/fart-it/

For example, this are my batch file for launching Street Fighter Alpha: Warrior's Dreams through SSFLoader and using FART

Fullscreen mode:

@echo off

fart.exe SSF.ini ScreenMode=\"0\" ScreenMode=\"1\"
SSFLoader.exe StreeFighterAlpha-Warrior'sDreams.chd

Windows mode:

@echo off

fart.exe SSF.ini ScreenMode=\"1\" ScreenMode=\"0\"
SSFLoader.exe StreeFighterAlpha-Warrior'sDreams.chd

I know this post is old, but maybe, it could be useful for someone.

Cya.

• Thanks 1