All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

saving hi-scores in Mame

megafan10

I am a newbie, so I am looking for some much needed assistance. Can someone walk me through step by step the process of saving some of my high scores in mame? I have mame version .133. Sounds like it can be done from what I have read, but it is not working for me and I don't completely understand what I am doing. I have the highscore.dat file. Layman terms please. Thank you in advance.

I am a newbie, so I am looking for some much needed assistance. Can someone walk me through step by step the process of saving some of my high scores in mame? I have mame version .133. Sounds like it can be done from what I have read, but it is not working for me and I don't completely understand what I am doing. I have the highscore.dat file. Layman terms please. Thank you in advance.

1. download the Mame source code from Mamedev.org

2. Download the MameCompilier by Ben Baker (Headkaze)

3. Download the Diff file from Byoac>software> Hiscope Diff thread. (for your version of mame 133)

4. Run The mame compilier, point it to where you downloaded the source (extract it from the zip)

5. Point to the Diff file you downloaded> Click patch

6. Click compile

7. Wait, When done copy the mame.exe to its own folder

8. Make a folder called "HI" without quotes and put it in your mame directory.

9. Put the Hiscore,.dat in your mame directory.

10. Put your "roms" folder in the same directory.

11. Have fun.

Thanks for the info. I attempted this and ran into a glitch. When compiling it said...

Make:*** [obj/windows/mame/osd/windows/d3d9intf.o] Error 1

Make:*** Waiting for unfinished jobs

Make:*** [obj/windows/mame/osd/windows/drawd3d.o] Error 1

Any idea what this means and what I should do????? It obviously didn't create the mame.exe. I am using Mame version 133. I patched all of the 133

updates along with the hi133 diff file. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

For MameUI 0136u3 follow these instructions.

1. Create a folder C:\MinGW\source\MameUI0136u3

2. Download the hiscore hi_136u2.txt from here and copy it into the C:\MinGW\patches (you can rename it to hi_136u2.diff if you like but it doesn't matter)

3. Download the mame0136s.zip from here and extract to C:\MinGW\source\MameUI0136u3

4. Download the updates from here (0136u1_diff, 0136u2_diff and 0136u3_diff) and extract them to C:\MinGW\patches

5. Download MameUI source from here extract somewhere then copy the winui folder to C:\MinGW\source\MameUI0136u3\src\osd and copy the MameUI.mak to C:\MinGW\source\MameUI0136u3

6. Apply the official Mame patches 0136u1_diff, 0136u2_diff then 0136u3_diff. Apply them by browsing to each one selecting it from the file browser then selecting "Apply Patch"

7. Now apply the Hiscore patch you downloaded from step 2 (Eg. hi_136u2.diff or hi_136u2.txt depending on how you saved it)

8. Set your "Mame Source Folder" to C:\MinGW\source\MameUI0136u3 and check you have MameUI Compile Option ticked

9. Click GO! to compile.

NOTE: To compile "vanilla" Mame skip the MameUI related steps or just take the tick off "MameUI" as you can still compile standard Mame aswell.

So do you think i have MameUI? All this stuff was on my arcade when I bought it. All i had to do was put get the roms and paste mame version 133b in the mame directory and I was up and running. I really don't comprehend any of this stuff. I'm assuming I can't use the latest version of the mameui soure and that I need to find the mameui source for version 133??? Anyone know? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Well do you have a MameUI32.exe or MameUI64.exe in your directory? We don't know what you have. :P

If using MAME 0.133 now then you might wanna compile that version but I always would rather compile the newest version of MAME instead. And if your roms are 0.133 then just update them. Don't see any reason to use an older version of MAME unless it's for compatibility or other reasons.

That option enables GameEx to use the hiscore data. It doesn't have anything to do with whether MAME is compiled to include support for hiscore.

I have *********************if you are interested.

Edited by Tempest
Sorry, this is against the rules of MameDev .