All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

problem with gameboy games

darktouch

im using visualboyadvance but i got the game work on the list but when it goes to the screen play this game it will not let me play, i think the command is wrong but i dont know. can you guys help me. another thing guys when i unzipped my roms from the winrar it come out as binary i dont know how to changes them back please help. i try to run my roms on without unzipped them. please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im using visualboyadvance but i got the game work on the list but when it goes to the screen play this game it will not let me play, i think the command is wrong but i dont know. can you guys help me. another thing guys when i unzipped my roms from the winrar it come out as binary i dont know how to changes them back please help. i try to run my roms on without unzipped them. please help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please post your config so that we know what you have so far.

[Emulator_15]

Enabled=True

STARTPAGENAME=Game Boy

TITLETEXT=Game Boy

StartPageLogo=gameboy

ROMFilter=*.WinRAR

RomsInFolders=False

RomPath=C:\Emulators\VisualBoyAdvance\Nintendo - Game Boy

SnapPath=C:\Emulators\VisualBoyAdvance\screens

WorkingPath=C:\Emulators\VisualBoyAdvance

MapKeys=False

WaitBeforeKeys=

SendKeys=

ReplaceDash=True

ReplaceUnder=True

Capitals=False

RemoveBrackets=True

ShowDesktop=False

Debug=False

MAPFile=

AlsoLaunch=

Command=VisualBoyAdvance.exe "[rompath]\[romfile]"

OLDatZip=

TitlePath=C:\Emulators\VisualBoyAdvance\titles

BoxPath=

LaunchBefore=

LaunchAfter=

CartPath=

configFile=

ExcludedFiles=

CustomBackground=gameboybak.png

PlayMusic=

PCGame=

[Emulator_15]

Enabled=True

STARTPAGENAME=Game Boy

TITLETEXT=Game Boy

StartPageLogo=gameboy

ROMFilter=*.WinRAR

RomsInFolders=False

RomPath=C:\Emulators\VisualBoyAdvance\Nintendo - Game Boy

SnapPath=C:\Emulators\VisualBoyAdvance\screens

WorkingPath=C:\Emulators\VisualBoyAdvance

MapKeys=False

WaitBeforeKeys=

SendKeys=

ReplaceDash=True

ReplaceUnder=True

Capitals=False

RemoveBrackets=True

ShowDesktop=False

Debug=False

MAPFile=

AlsoLaunch=

Command=VisualBoyAdvance.exe "[rompath]\[romfile]"

OLDatZip=

TitlePath=C:\Emulators\VisualBoyAdvance\titles

BoxPath=

LaunchBefore=

LaunchAfter=

CartPath=

configFile=

ExcludedFiles=

CustomBackground=gameboybak.png

PlayMusic=

PCGame=

Your commandline looks fine. The thing that looks weird to me is your rom filter.

You have:

*.WinRAR

What is the extensions of your roms?

on the emulator on the association files i check the box binary, so when i unzipped my roms they come out binary and not gb or gbc, so my filter dont reconize them. so i left them on winrar, so the filter maybe is rar instead of winrar? and do you know how to switch the binary thing? let me know

hey guys i dont know how associate my game boy rom with binary, and now when i unzipped them they come out binary and the rom filter dont read it, i gotta get it back to default so i can use the filter as *.gc if you guys have any idea let me know. thanks

:(

hey guys i dont know how associate my game boy rom with binary, and now when i unzipped them they come out binary and the rom filter dont read it, i gotta get it back to default so i can use the filter as *.gc if you guys have any idea let me know. thanks

What do you mean by binary? They have the *.bin extension? If not then what are the extensions of your roms? Before you mentioned about them being rar'ed. I'm not aware of VisualBoyAdvance or GameEx being compatible with rar'ed roms. You can use rom tools to rebuild them and recompress them or you can use winrar to even do that. But I need to understand what you mean.

i still have them in winrar it like zip. but before i unzipped them the extention are .gb but when i unzipped them the come out as binary. the binary extension for gameex is *.bin ? but the roms comes out on the list, the play game is not on, so i thinks is the emulator, but you guys know about this let me know

i still have them in winrar it like zip. but before i unzipped them the extention are .gb but when i unzipped them the come out as binary. the binary extension for gameex is *.bin ? but the roms comes out on the list, the play game is not on, so i thinks is the emulator, but you guys know about this let me know

Your rom filter should be the extension of whatever your roms are. So if you roms are *.zip then you need to add *.zip to your rom filter as celly said. Just leave them zipped. No need to unzip them. VisualBoyAdvance will run them zipped.