All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Version 0.51 (Beta) Attached

Tom Speirs

This also sends {ENTER} to hopefully bypass screens in MAME Plus.

Please test, see if it works with MAME Plus, and does not break with other builds.

I have no time to test at the mo.

Cheers.

i've just tested it but my PC is damn busy at the moment, downloading things here and there, so not sure if it's working or not, if it's the fact that the pc beeing busy that make it quits, or not...

so far it doesn't work..:

bypass the 1st screen then normally quits, it seems.

send me a mail to zemamu[AT]free.fr

in MAME32 Plus:

1st launch of a game:

1st screen, usage of emulators blah blah, press OK

2nd screen is warning screen if needed (bad emulation or such), press OK

3rd screen (or 2nd if no warning) info screen, press select key to quit (which is Return by default, esc key works too)

2nd launch of a game:

1st screen, warning screen if needed, press OK

2nd screen, (or 1st if no warning) info screen, press select key to quit (return or esc)

hope this will help

just tried it with a normal MAME32 build, doesn't work neither...

seems that pressing the enter key (not manually, but the fact you send it) do quit the screensaver*

*again, not sure as PC is busy

edit: went cooking in the kitchen, went back to the pc, the screensaver was launched, and stucked on a press OK screen (with normal MAME32)

seems it didn't quit that time, but was still on a OK screen...

back cooking, i'll test it further later, sorry

edit: went cooking in the kitchen, went back to the pc, the screensaver was launched, and stucked on a press OK screen (with normal MAME32)

seems it didn't quit that time, but was still on a OK screen...

back cooking, i'll test it further later, sorry

back from the kitchen, again was stuck on a OK screen (normal Mame32)

worst: i could press OK with left right, game started, i could move mouse, etc, screensaver didn't quit untill i pressed esc...

back from the kitchen, again was stuck on a OK screen (normal Mame32)

worst: i could press OK with left right, game started, i could move mouse, etc, screensaver didn't quit untill i pressed esc...

k more testing , still with MAME32 normal build, not MAME32 Plus:

in the windows screensaver configuration, if i click on 'preview', the screensaver launch, bypass a screen , then quit (i didn't moved the mouse, or anything)

if i let the screensaver start normally, then it does what i say, stay stuck on the OK screen, but do not quit...

now will try with MAME32Plus as ALL previous tries (when it quitted) where by manually launching the screensaver, and it seems that it acts differently if you let it start, or if you launch it manually....

k just let the screensaver starts normally, same, screensaver starts, launch MAME, bypass 1st screen, then quits.

Regards, MAMu_

k more testing , still with MAME32 normal build, not MAME32 Plus:

in the windows screensaver configuration, if i click on 'preview', the screensaver launch, bypass a screen , then quit (i didn't moved the mouse, or anything)

if i let the screensaver start normally, then it does what i say, stay stuck on the OK screen, but do not quit...

now will try with MAME32Plus as ALL previous tries (when it quitted) where by manually launching the screensaver, and it seems that it acts differently if you let it start, or if you launch it manually....

k just let the screensaver starts normally, same, screensaver starts, launch MAME, bypass 1st screen, then quits.

Regards, MAMu_

MAMu_,

I've just tested with MAME Plus, it works fine with the latest stable build, I see where your coming from but just add -skip_gameinfo to the command line. Theres no need to send the select key from the MAME Screensaver.

Its that simple.

Cheers.