All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

FatMatch Version 0.3 - March 01 2009 (beta)

Fatone85

It seems that Fatmatch can not browse roms within subfolders. There are many platforms like Amiga CD32, 3DO, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Saturn, PS1 etc where I have the roms (bin,iso files) whithin the main folder of each game. Is there a way for FatMatch to search inside those subfolders if you give it the main folder ???

I'll make it an option in the next release.

Thanks Alkis.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just for a quick update.

I haven't given up on FatMatch. I work on it when I can.

Things are getting pretty hectic at work with a bunch of guys being laid off every week. So I try to do as much as I can there which is taking up all of my time.

I'll keep you all posted.

Just for a quick update.

I haven't given up on FatMatch. I work on it when I can.

Things are getting pretty hectic at work with a bunch of guys being laid off every week. So I try to do as much as I can there which is taking up all of my time.

I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks for the update Fatone85. Also thanks for your contribution to our community. Keep up the great work!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was just thinking about this and thought it would be a nice feature: create hard links. Instead of copying (which takes up more hard drive space) or moving (which eliminates the possibility to undo mistakes), why not also give the option to create a set of hard links.

In case you're not familiar, hard links are new pointers to the same file. They take up (effectively) no HDD space.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_link

I use Link Shell Extensions to work with them, but they are built into Windows.

http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellex...nkshellext.html

Anyway, this would be an awesome feature that I think would get a lot of use. I currently have to manually create the hard links and then work with those when I do the matching. If you built it into the program, that would be SWEEEEEET! B)

• 3 weeks later...

I thought this was my savior, great concept. Reviewing the log before pressing comit had some really offbeat matches :(

COPY "Batman (U) [!].avi" ".\FM_Renamed\Adventures of Batman and Robin, The (E).avi" << different game

COPY "Might and Magic 2 - Gates to Another World (U) (REV 01) [!].avi" ".\FM_Renamed\Another World (E) [!].avi"

COPY "Gods (U) [!].avi" ".\FM_Renamed\Asterix and the Power of The Gods (8) (Eng-Ger-Fre-Spa) [!].avi"

COPY "Back to the Future (U) [!].avi" ".\FM_Renamed\Back to the Future Part III (JUE) [R-USA][!].avi"

I guess the best bet for me is to stop looking for shortcuts and subscribe to emumovies

Look forward to future revisions

Brenry: This is one of the best fuzzy match tools I have seen. It does have certain limitations as you have found, but that's the same thing you will run into with any other tool as well. If you have one file that says batman in the title and are matching to a directory containing one file with batman in the title, the fuzzy match tool SHOULD suggest that as a match. The problem in this case is that they don't match. You can adjust the match quality if I remember correctly. If there is a poor match quality, you could then have the tool not make the suggestion.

Brenry: This is one of the best fuzzy match tools I have seen. It does have certain limitations as you have found, but that's the same thing you will run into with any other tool as well. If you have one file that says batman in the title and are matching to a directory containing one file with batman in the title, the fuzzy match tool SHOULD suggest that as a match. The problem in this case is that they don't match. You can adjust the match quality if I remember correctly. If there is a poor match quality, you could then have the tool not make the suggestion.

If we had the option of subfolders also....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hello all.

I realize I haven't been online now for a while, and I hope I haven't disappointed anyone by not progressing on the software.

The last year or so has been an intense one for me and I'm just recently getting back onto the online community.

My question is this: Is there still a need to contribute further to FatMatch?

I have noticed other utilities surface such as Skinny Match which seem like impressive software and with more dedicated contributers.

Let me know your thoughts.

Hello all.

I realize I haven't been online now for a while, and I hope I haven't disappointed anyone by not progressing on the software.

The last year or so has been an intense one for me and I'm just recently getting back onto the online community.

My question is this: Is there still a need to contribute further to FatMatch?

I have noticed other utilities surface such as Skinny Match which seem like impressive software and with more dedicated contributers.

Let me know your thoughts.

That is totally up to you. We do appreciate the work you put into it. There's never enough programs out there to do what we want which is why we use a lot of different ones. SkinnyMatch is impressive, as is FatMatch. Perhaps the name derived from your works. :D

I too am working on an app which will offer different options so like I said, it's up to you. We are regularly on the forums being mods or elite members so if your still busy with real life then feel free to enjoy it. Don't give up on a great app just cuz another was released. Hope you stay with it and it's great to see you back. Welcome back! ;)

• 2 years later...