All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Tips for personnal skin

francklek

You can also use videos for the logos.

On my system, when I select Laserdisc games i get an animated video from Dragon's lair show.

It also plays a small MAME movie when I select all MAME games.

It's certainly cool. Look on the home page news for more info.

Save this dragon's lair movie as daphne.mpg in the logos directory:

http://www.lottery.ca/DigitalLeisure/DLintro.mpg

You can also use videos for the logos.

On my system, when I select Laserdisc games i get an animated video from Dragon's lair show.

It also plays a small MAME movie when I select all MAME games.

It's certainly cool. Look on the home page news for more info.

Save this dragon's lair movie as daphne.mpg in the logos directory:

http://www.lottery.ca/DigitalLeisure/DLintro.mpg

You know, I completely forgot about that. My brain is spinning in high gear now. My brother is an Adobe Premier whiz and I'm thinking an animated theme might be just the thing for my next theme.

Hi Franckle,

I just wanted to say, I hope you don't mind, but you would probably get much more support and interest in your submissions from all users including French, if you did not watermark the images.

Thanks,

Tom

Yes it is true, these images are right data like example. I wish to create a skin in images 800x600. When it is complete, I would make some benefit the community without watermark ;)

You know, I completely forgot about that. My brain is spinning in high gear now. My brother is an Adobe Premier whiz and I'm thinking an animated theme might be just the thing for my next theme.

I've been thinking about the idea of allowing background images to be videos also, allowing for fantasticlly cool animated themes, if people have the talent to do them. I think this would make GameEx skinning be comparable in terms of value to other front-ends, although in a different way.

I've been looking into it, and it would only take a few tweaks to allow GameEx to do this, although there could be a performance hit on most PC's if the background was a high res, high quality, and high framerate video, specifically but not limited to if the user was playing a video for a logo or mame snap at the same time.

As you would no doubt be the first to take advantage of such a feature, what do you think?

Tom.

I've been thinking about the idea of allowing background images to be videos also, allowing for fantasticlly cool animated themes, if people have the talent to do them. I think this would make GameEx skinning be comparable in terms of value to other front-ends, although in a different way.

I've been looking into it, and it would only take a few tweaks to allow GameEx to do this, although there could be a performance hit on most PC's if the background was a high res, high quality, and high framerate video, specifically but not limited to if the user was playing a video for a logo or mame snap at the same time.

As you would no doubt be the first to take advantage of such a feature, what do you think?

Tom.

I guess I was confused and thought you were referring to the background images in your earlier post. I see now it's currently just the logos. So yes, the ability to have animated backgrounds would be incredibly cool. In order to keep the video resolution reasonable, I'd just have to come up with a theme where precise alignment isn't critical, then I could get away with using a single video (say 640x480) that would work across all resolutions.

Rob