All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

HiToText probz

zx12rcarl

hi

every time i run 1943 i get hitotext has encountered a problem and needs to close

i click close and then the game runs fine

anyone had the same prob

[EDIT]

looks like the prob was down to me lol was running 1943 revision A

oh well now i no... . .

Just tested and am unable to duplicate. Maybe try a fresh install of hitotext.

Sorry it was 1942 not 1943 for some weird reason tryed running (1942 revision a) that pop up the with the prob

then i run 1942 (first version) got a hi score and now they both.

mad or wat lol

Sorry it was 1942 not 1943 for some weird reason tryed running (1942 revision a) that pop up the with the prob

then i run 1942 (first version) got a hi score and now they both.

mad or wat lol

So do I have to get a high score for this to show? Still unable to duplicate running the suggested games.

So do I have to get a high score for this to show? Still unable to duplicate running the suggested games.

well just downloaded the new hitotext, hiscore.dat and [1943 the battle of midway us] is poppin up the prob

and ive just looked at moon cresta thats not showin hi scores in gameex and when i load the game

the hi scores are messup

Its not quite the latest version of HitToText, but the error issue should not be in GameEx, as I compiled a version of HiToText for GameEx myself. Error messages like that are really unnacpteble in GameEx.

I think Fyrecrypts should wrap all the code in an exception check since its called from front ends, but I cant answer the quetion on the other items.

Its up to you really. On the plus side it "should" be stable, but on the negative side its not the latest and greatest version.

hehe stable sounds good to me ... just done a man-update the 1942,1943 all good

but moon cresta high score is still messed up

on the good side i dont get a popup when tryin to run a game sayin there is a prob

i can live wiv it... . lol.... have to see if new updates end up sorting my prob out

thanx loads all for the help

I think Fyrecrypts should wrap all the code in an exception check since its called from front ends, but I cant answer the quetion on the other items.

I reported the popup error problem to Fyrecrypts a while ago and he said he fixed it. It should always fail silently so this should be reported to him if it's still happening. To quote him recently..

Quickly did a new release that adds more exception handling to the read and write flags, so you shouldn't see any more unhandled exceptions causing intrusive popups.

So I will make a post about it and link to this.

I will take a look at this, can you please attach a copy of your 1943.hi file it will be in your hi folder.

hia there sorry to add to the prob but i did a gameex man-update and all is ok

its just the moon cresta hi-score is messed up and the hi-score is not showing up in gameex

i will add all the hi files for you to take a look at...

hi.7z

hia there sorry to add to the prob but i did a gameex man-update and all is ok

its just the moon cresta hi-score is messed up and the hi-score is not showing up in gameex

i will add all the hi files for you to take a look at...

Thank you, it looks like the problem is that some .hi files are generated with older versions of the hiscore.dat. Deleting the problem .hi files and recreating new ones by playing the game will fix this problem. I think I need to develop a utility that will allow you to import and export hi scores so if you need to remove outdated .hi files you don't have to go through a lot of crap just to save your older scores.

Thank you, it looks like the problem is that some .hi files are generated with older versions of the hiscore.dat. Deleting the problem .hi files and recreating new ones by playing the game will fix this problem. I think I need to develop a utility that will allow you to import and export hi scores so if you need to remove outdated .hi files you don't have to go through a lot of crap just to save your older scores.

thanx for all you help fyrecrypts i will remove the .hi file and give it a go

yes the util sound a good thing to have... is there anyway i can save my moon cresta scores

and add them without the util your thinkin of doing

thanx for all you help fyrecrypts i will remove the .hi file and give it a go

yes the util sound a good thing to have... is there anyway i can save my moon cresta scores

and add them without the util your thinkin of doing

Yes, the hard way. =D Write down the scores you want to save, and then use HiToText from the command line: The command for adding scores to Moon Cresta is: HiToText -w "<Dir to mooncrgx.hi>" 1 <score to save> <name>

You'll have to do this for all the scores you want to save.