All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

HiToText (Hi score support)

Fyrecrypts

It only took a few days for them to include Tempest, after I broke the hi scores.

They can't add the games unless someone breaks the high scores, and does a submission.

So if you can break the hi scores, I'm sure they will be added promptly.

Quickly did a new release that adds more exception handling to the read and write flags, so you shouldn't see any more unhandled exceptions causing intrusive popups. Also patched up Moon Patrol with Cananas' findings.

Thanks for the praise by the way, I'm glad to see people enjoying this application. =)

Quickly put out another release with support for Tetris and Zookeeper. Zookeeper looks like it has two hi score tables, however it just acts as one big hi score table, so that's how I'm treating it.

I also added support for an update flag, HiToText -u "[ReferrerName]" is the usage, where ReferrerName is just something I'm using to track a few statistics. My hope is that when the FE people use that command to try and update HiToText, they just put in the name of their FE for ReferrerName. The command will display a URL to the most up-to-date HiToText, or will send "No newer version available." to the console if that version of HiToText is the latest. This method could also throw an exception prepended with "Error:". I would expect this to occur when there are network issues.

Note: The -u command will not actually download the new HiToText if available, it will only display the URL to get it. I will let the FE devs determine how they wish to update HiToText themselves. I have a few reasons for this, I don't want to make HiToText into more than just a single executible, and I want to allow the FE devs to determine when/how to update HiToText if they find a new version available.

• 2 weeks later...

New version out. Mostly just some new games and some modifications to the hiscore.dat file for the games Cananas decoded a while back (005, and 8 Ball Action), and Alien Syndrome which was incorrectly omitting the 7th place coins value.

Other games included are Paperboy, Gauntlet/Gauntlet 2, and Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo. Paperboy is a little strange, so those of you wanting to add scores through HiToText will need to know that you cannot add a normal hi score, you must add an alternate score for either easy, middle, or hard. Paperboy actually grabs the top 10 scores from the combined 30 scores shown for the 3 difficulties to make up the Grand Slam scores.

Again, similarly to previous version if you have old scores you want to save for 005, 8 Ball Action, or Alien Syndrome you will need to follow the steps I've outlined numerous times in my previous posts.

Enjoy!

I love this feature! Though in the Pac Man/Mrs Pac Man menus Hiscore isn't an option though on games like Galaga and a few others that are supported the option is there. Any ideas? :(

I just realized I never responded to this, I believe this could be where if you don't already have a .hi file it may not show the High Score option. I realize this is about 3 weeks late, but have you resolved this issue?

• 4 months later...

I have not updated this post in a while, but a few new versions have come out since my last post and there are plenty of new games supported. See the google doc spreadsheet in the main post for a listing of games supported. We're over 150 unique games now! =)

• 2 months later...