All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

still cant enter windows gui on exit of ex with auto sheller

discgolfer72

well i searched the forums for an hour and have found sevral posts that deal with my problem but none have a fix

i installed the instant sheller and added explorer.exe on exit to my game ex config settings but it will only go into explorer it wont run the windows gui im running xppro and need to be able to enter windows on exit to configure files and so the other members of my household can use ie and several other apps on the arcade cab with the gui that they are fimular with

im no programer so i wont understand any scripting info anyone has so please help is there another .exe i need to launch to get into windows gui or it it just not possible to exit gameex into the gui

i dont want to have any sign of windows unless someone exits gameex

thanks in advance for any help you have to offer

well i searched the forums for an hour and have found sevral posts that deal with my problem but none have a fix

i installed the instant sheller and added explorer.exe on exit to my game ex config settings but it will only go into explorer it wont run the windows gui im running xppro and need to be able to enter windows on exit to configure files and so the other members of my household can use ie and several other apps on the arcade cab with the gui that they are fimular with

im no programer so i wont understand any scripting info anyone has so please help is there another .exe i need to launch to get into windows gui or it it just not possible to exit gameex into the gui

i dont want to have any sign of windows unless someone exits gameex

thanks in advance for any help you have to offer

When you CTRL+ALT+DEL is exploere running? I know it sounds wierd. But if Explorer isnt runinng at all it should load the start menu etc.. If you run explorer with it running you get the navigation window.

When you CTRL+ALT+DEL is exploere running? I know it sounds wierd. But if Explorer isnt runinng at all it should load the start menu etc.. If you run explorer with it running you get the navigation window.

Same issue here, but before was working.

I tryed again many times, now works i put in instant sheller the flag only for this user and i didn't flag to hide the mouse pointer.

And now works is probably the first flag but i dont know why...

when i cntrl alt gel it juts brings up the task manger i still have no gui for windows

its kind of frustrating i can use the machine with no problem but my lil sis and other members of the family are not used to anything but the windows gui so it makes it hard for them to do things like load more music and movies and get to ie to browse the net

is there somthing im missing

i run instant sheller (i dont check the hide mouse option)

then enter gameex config and type explorer.exe on the exit game ex option

as soon a s it exits it just goes to the basic explorer with no gui

is there another sheller here that will fix my problem i really dont want to mess with adding gameex to to the startup because it just doesent feel like a arcade machine that way

edit

thanks lamerjack

that is the fix this should be stickied i searched the whole site and found no info that would help

to exit gameex into windows with gui you must check for this user only and uncheck the hide cursor option

i just tried it and it works great now