All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Where did my games go?

TalkingBull

My NeoGeo games have disappeared... I don't know why but they are gone. I still have the ROMs and the option to display them is set to yed but when I actually go to it, it says NO GAMES FOUND. Where did they go and why can't I list them??? Any ideas?

Double check the paths and make sure everything is correct. Maybe something got accidentally changed.

Also where are you having them displayed? Mame? Separate emulator? Please give more details.

There have been some changes to the NEOGEO games recently. Do your roms version match your Mame version?

If so, and you updated recently, did you "Update List" ?

I don't know about the MAME/NEO GEO matching up... I will go ahead and download something new. I don't recall ever seeing a version number alongside a NeoGeo download though. I will poke around the net...

As for the emu/mame question, I was running it through MAME. I didn't move anything or change anything... it just disappeared.

Another option is to let GameEx display non-working games, I assume that's why they are not showing, of course they won't work if that's what it is! <_<

I know that my neogeo games don't work, but I haven't upgraded to .128 yet.

Let us know if you get it working, and what the problem was.

Like Tempest said, there was a change to the Neo Geo BIOS for some reason. As a result, MAME stopped working with roms from older sets. I didn't do a lot of research into this, but as I understand it had to do with a single file being added/moved to the BIOS. If you want to know more, check out the MAMEDevs or MAMETesters websites. I know there was at least one topic posted on the latter.