All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

N64 PS Controllers via USB

cmarrero

post-824-1223918882_thumb.jpg

I seen these USB Controllers that you can use to play N64 & PS with the orig controllers.

What my plan was to install a USB card via PCI port and run 4 controller off of it.

Has anyone ever tried one of these devices?

If so was it easy to config, and how is the responce time.

TIA :-)

Chris

post-824-1223918882_thumb.jpg

I seen these USB Controllers that you can use to play N64 & PS with the orig controllers.

What my plan was to install a USB card via PCI port and run 4 controller off of it.

Has anyone ever tried one of these devices?

If so was it easy to config, and how is the responce time.

TIA :-)

Chris

It works really good it's plug-and play no drivers needed, 99.9% of the converters doesn't need drivers, i haven't check the lag

I have pretty much have every commercial converter for different controllers, but i have to make my own for a few

"To accurately test your adapter/converter, you need to:

1) Using a key on your keyboard to run through the program once and record down the input lag time from your keyboard.

2) Plug your gamepad and stick through the adapter that you want to test into your PC. Then, use programs like (xpadder) to map a button on your gamepad or stick to the SAME key that you tested in step one. Run the program and record down the input lag again.

3) Subtract the two results you got from previous steps. If the difference is less than 2 ms (i.e., stick input lag - keyboard input lag <= 2ms), then your adapter can be considered as lag free."

really only important if you play street fighter type of games

It works really good it's plug-and play no drivers needed, 99.9% of the converters doesn't need drivers, i haven't check the lag

I have pretty much have every commercial converter for different controllers, but i have to make my own for a few

"To accurately test your adapter/converter, you need to:

1) Using a key on your keyboard to run through the program once and record down the input lag time from your keyboard.

2) Plug your gamepad and stick through the adapter that you want to test into your PC. Then, use programs like (xpadder) to map a button on your gamepad or stick to the SAME key that you tested in step one. Run the program and record down the input lag again.

3) Subtract the two results you got from previous steps. If the difference is less than 2 ms (i.e., stick input lag - keyboard input lag <= 2ms), then your adapter can be considered as lag free."

really only important if you play street fighter type of games

GREAT!!! Thank You your help.

I think I will make the investment.

Chris

I own one of these and its great. The only problem is the little joystick on the N64 controller, if its a little worn (like all of them by 2008) Its VERY hard to calibrate. If you can find a brand new controller out there, I would say this is a perfect 10/10 product for N64 emulation.

Edited by Draco1962
This thread is now closed. If the problem re-occurs, please start a new thread.