All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

About GameEx 9.50

Tom Speirs

I didnt release any news for 9.50, as it was a minor update fixing a little bug, but it does have a new feature.

When updating the mame list now GameEx will create "[Arcade] MAME.mdb" which is an emulator database that is created for the purpose of setting a seperate version of MAME up as an emulator. Now we have the new use database naming setting, you can now easlily setup a seperate version of MAME as an emulator with proper naming of game names in the list and a full functional database. Ill add a config for the next version of GameEx.

I thought it was worth mentioning.

I didnt release any news for 9.50, as it was a minor update fixing a little bug, but it does have a new feature.

When updating the mame list now GameEx will create "[Arcade] MAME.mdb" which is an emulator database that is created for the purpose of setting a seperate version of MAME up as an emulator. Now we have the new use database naming setting, you can now easlily setup a seperate version of MAME as an emulator with proper naming of game names in the list and a full functional database. Ill add a config for the next version of GameEx.

I thought it was worth mentioning.

Certainly was worth mentioning. That could well become a very handy feature.

Thanks for the update Tom! I was wondering why I kept having to update and didn't see anything on it. Thought maybe my updates weren't taking. LOL. Was too lazy to see the version as I only loaded to check something.

I don't know, all this idle chatter....! Mr. Ultimate Guru ;)

I currently have version 9.49 installed. When I launch GameEx I am not prompted to update to 9.50. Any ideas whay?

Maxx

Ive moved to a new server. So that is probably why. The new ip address may not have replicated round the net yet. You can try rebooting and clearing cache, otherwise the problem should sort itself out shortly.

Ive moved to a new server. So that is probably why. The new ip address may not have replicated round the net yet. You can try rebooting and clearing cache, otherwise the problem should sort itself out shortly.

I neglected to update a file with the new dbase connection. Please try now for me.

Thanks.

Tom

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I was just trying to access this database and I can't seem to locate it. I searched for all mdb files in the GameEx directory, but came up with nothing. Perhaps there's a setting I missed somewhere that will tell GameEx to save this file? Thanks