All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] "BlueBalls"

greatflash

working on a new theme for GameEx using the features of V4 themes.

I have posted a selection of themes, so if anyone has any comments or suggestions then I am glad to hear them.

The theme is designed to work at 1680x1050 (it is a hi-res theme, so not for cabinet use, HK is working on a great one for that)

The theme is set at this resolution to enable upscaling for hd-tv resolution (1080p) to be nice an tidy. It also scales terrific to 1920x1200.

If anyone has better suggestions for any artwork for the various systems, i would be glad to hear them. They have to be in high res to work with this theme though.

post-3753-1219011638_thumb.jpg

post-3753-1219011662_thumb.jpg

post-3753-1219011689_thumb.jpg

post-3753-1219011713_thumb.jpg

post-3753-1219011746_thumb.jpg

post-3753-1219011769_thumb.jpg

post-3753-1219011792_thumb.jpg

post-3753-1219011816_thumb.jpg

post-3753-1219011839_thumb.jpg

post-3753-1219011862_thumb.jpg

post-3753-1219012985_thumb.jpg

post-3753-1219013000_thumb.jpg

I just don't understand it...?

Headkaze post's info on HIS smashing and wonderful theme, and within seconds - some one has commented on it, writing praise and the suchlike... admittedly it was me, but that is not the point....

Huff!!!

PS... English humor © 463 ad, rather flatulent Welshman from Southend.

I love it!! Very Nice...

Are you going to add a foregroud pic? Ir is there one there already?

There are some already, in the colecovision one there are barrels overlaid on the snap area. They are really just incidental overlays, rather than full out ones that obscure. I like my themes to be tidy and functional, though I may go a little bit larger on some other emubaks.. :)

I was waiting to see what the Mame Vector page looked like before I commented....Somehow I think I just sealed the deal! :P

I am really sorry, but i have not got a clue what you are talking about :huh:

Hey... Has anyone seen Headkaze's new theme? WOW!

:lol:

:P

:)

(there's always one, isn't there)

;)

*walks into thread* did someone mention my name? *walks out of the thread*

Seriously though I like the theme Flash, some of the colors are a bit bright for my liking though. I would probably go for a darker background. Nice use of the foreground image though in Colecovision layout ;)

How can flash complain....he's one of them :D

Nuts to the lot of ya! This is pistols a dawn stuff! ten paces... :) :)

*walks into thread* did someone mention my name? *walks out of the thread*

Seriously though I like the theme Flash, some of the colors are a bit bright for my liking though. I would probably go for a darker background. Nice use of the foreground image though in Colecovision layout ;)

I actually brigtened the background slightly as I was losing the dark consoles in the top left. I still thought it looked a bit too dark though! :blink:

I am keeping templates for each backbround for easy editing, may darken the snap areas as yet... hmmm!

Edit a few of them to increase the foreground slightly. The new VCS one is looking nice..

Are videos the large image or the small one?

The videos are the large images.

The videos are the large images.

Been having another play to utilise the overlays a little bit more and remove the other image from the centre - think i prefer it?

post-3753-1219094088_thumb.jpg

post-3753-1219094106_thumb.jpg

post-3753-1219094124_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is interested, the theme is still progressing.

Really happy with the "Scumm" and Atari ST screens and overlays. The ST one was a bit of work as I had to hand-draw the vector artwork for the Encounter overlay. Think it worked out rather nice - if a little over zealous ;)

Have not done snaps for some of the others, so not tested overlays, but getting artwork to use on Channel F (remember that Tempest?) and the Astrocade was a bit of a bind.

Any comments are always welcome.

:)

(Images have been reduced for upload)

post-3753-1219964386_thumb.jpg

post-3753-1219964401_thumb.jpg

post-3753-1219964417_thumb.jpg

post-3753-1219964437_thumb.jpg

post-3753-1219964454_thumb.jpg

This is looking really good! If you finish it, I'm gonna have to switch to this one. Good stuff here!

It will be finished at some point. Cheers for the EGO boost ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey greatflash, how do you get the foreground image to show up outside the theme editor? A short step-by-step please?

I can select the image fine in the editor, and it shows up, but it won't show up in GameEx. Or is there some new display option for GameEx that I've overlooked?

Emph

It will be finished at some point. Cheers for the EGO boost ;)

Here's another.....

I want it... it's awesome... when can I have it?!?!?

Are you making it in 1024x768? I use video previews for some of my emus, are the boxes too big for the videos?

I'm looking forward to this one.

Good luck with it.

IMBerzerk

Here's another.....

I want it... it's awesome... when can I have it?!?!?

Are you making it in 1024x768? I use video previews for some of my emus, are the boxes too big for the videos?

I'm looking forward to this one.

Good luck with it.

IMBerzerk

The theme will scale to 1024x768, though this is the lowest res it can support - any lower and thing like date and time will be miss displayed and also locations of text will not match with the background.

The image preview size should not make any real difference at that resolution as they will only be upscaled slightly.

I am still working on the theme and am glad you are interested in it (you should see it on a HD plasma :) ). I have several more of the systems to do and also a few of the icons for things like shutdown and the such.

Sadly it will be a rather large download as all the hi-res backgrounds, foregrounds and icons take their toll on the size of it... I don't think i will replace the sounds (but who knows).

Emphatic: hope you get your foregrounds sorted :)