All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[THEME] "BlueBalls"

greatflash

Nice Theme GreatFlash. Looks like you put a lot of work into it. Any chance you would mind sharing where you get some of the high quality artwork from? I have tried to do searches on Google, found some stuff, but not the highest res. Thought you might have some good info. Hope its not a bother.

I'm afraid that there is no exact place to find it. When doing a system I always search fan made sites - these can have good images. Hi-res cover artwork can be found on several sites for a lot of consoles, though you need to do a bit of photoshopping.

I was considering doing my own photos for some off the system icons. Went up in the loft to sort out the collection for some more additions.. Found (boxed) Amiga 1000, 2000, 4000, Camputers lynx, Channel F, Apple IIe, Atari 400, 800, Newbrain, Memotech mtx512, oh - and loads more. May be worth getting a nice white sheet and taking a few HQ pictures, doing a crop and posting... I will think about that and see what time I have before the kids go to bed (dont wanna wake them). Got ALL the consoles also, from Philips Videopack, Database, up to Dreamcast, Neo-geo etc. Got tons of disks and tapes covering the 70's and up that could really be good for some scans... Oh, if only I had time..... :(

One thing I don't use (getting back to it) is Google. Lots of great images can be found on fan sites that are not found by google. They may be located outside of the site with names like default.jpg - google can't index them... So, in short - there is no quick and easy way to find them! sorry!

PS. when the theme is released, you are welcome to nick what you like from it, or - if there is anything you want, just shout.

Thanks for the reply. I had thought about doing my own shots as well, but I don't have near the supply of machines you do. I guess I will just try to get by with what I have for now. Maybe I can hit you up for your shots at a later date when you get around to it. It is hard sometimes with the Wife, Kids, Work, etc. I guess we can't always be on the PC, have to have a real life sometimes.

Thanks for the reply. I had thought about doing my own shots as well, but I don't have near the supply of machines you do. I guess I will just try to get by with what I have for now. Maybe I can hit you up for your shots at a later date when you get around to it. It is hard sometimes with the Wife, Kids, Work, etc. I guess we can't always be on the PC, have to have a real life sometimes.

Sadly - you are right. As if a wife and kids don't take up too much time, we also have to do the necessary evil or working!

Still, I must get round to getting that camera out at some stage.... <_<

How's the theme coming along! I just thought of another thing you could add which might be kind of pointless since these are emulated in Mame but be kind of neat is an Ultra 64 section of course the only two games on this system are Killer Instinct 1 and 2. Here's something cool I found just wanted to let you know :)

post-3682-1222383568_thumb.jpg

How's the theme coming along! I just thought of another thing you could add which might be kind of pointless since these are emulated in Mame but be kind of neat is an Ultra 64 section of course the only two games on this system are Killer Instinct 1 and 2. Here's something cool I found just wanted to let you know :)

Is there an ultra 64 emu? I have always used mame, right back to when it only did a few pacman games and galaxians had no stars. Nice image though.

Is there an ultra 64 emu? I have always used mame, right back to when it only did a few pacman games and galaxians had no stars. Nice image though.
Yea http://www.sys2064.com/u64.htm it's only for KI 1 and 2 though. I'm guessing those were the only two games on this hardware. I'm not sure how well this emulator will play with GameEx though it's worth a shot! :lol

Just a small update to a few more of the emu screens, mainly to show I am still working at it... :)

Hope they are ok?

Really pleased with the CD32 one. The magnavox is the best I could come up with - not a machine that has tons of artwork or iconic games :)

Some of the pictures are just Photoshop saves as I have not got these set up as emu's in GameEx.

post-3753-1222458113_thumb.jpg

post-3753-1222458176_thumb.jpg

post-3753-1222458187_thumb.jpg

post-3753-1222458195_thumb.jpg

post-3753-1222458203_thumb.jpg

Since KI is a Nintendo based rom, one option might be to group it with one of the other Nintendo emulators (probably the N64 since it's the closest set of hardware). You could always create a separate background for it, but it just seems like a bit of overkill personally.

Nice job Flash! I'm looking forward to firing this up on my cab. I would appreciate if you could hurry it up... ;)

OMG awesome work

I have been waiting for a theme that looks great on a 1080p hd TV

I'm going into cryonic suspension until release

Thanks for the interest.

It is getting there - been working on it tonight doing menu backgrounds for several systems. Struggling to find anything worthwhile for the Amstrad CPC range though. :(

Suggestions welcome...

Sadly they are all a bit too small. May be able to pull a bit of the graphics from one and create a suitable image?

The one I created so far I am not really very sure about.?

post-3753-1222673719_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Wow! I re-read this whole thread (the first three pages are pretty funny), but was this ever released? I don't see a download for it on the main page.

I miss your B.S. Flash. sad.gif

Are there any other V4 themes that have been released?

Wow! I re-read this whole thread (the first three pages are pretty funny), but was this ever released? I don't see a download for it on the main page.

I miss your B.S. Flash. sad.gif

Are there any other V4 themes that have been released?

By the time "bluebox" is released I am going to have blue balls from waiting. Not to mention we will be on V6 themes.

lol

In all seriousness Id like to see it get released.

By the time "bluebox" is released I am going to have blue balls from waiting. Not to mention we will be on V6 themes.

lol

In all seriousness Id like to see it get released.

Right,

Get you two together and there is always trouble brewing. As if Temp is not bad enough on his own.. LOL

Well.. I still have all templates for this, so it will still come.. 3 things had put this on the back burner,

1) the databases (though - what the hell is happening there now?)

2) Warhawk DS

3) Manic Miner in the Lost Levels

So, I will have some time soon to finish it. I have been buying more and more computers for myself personally and will get round to taking more pictures so the theme can have more hq icons rather than using the crap lo-res ones everyone else does. This will be a large (if not the largest) theme when finished.

The upshot is that I WILL get this finished for 2 reasons,

1) I love the theme and it looks great on an HD plasma.. :) (still using it)

2) it is something I am really pleased with and I always promised Brian I would finish it!

and,

Tempest, what Bullshit? LOL - as if I ever have or would... :) :)

Just to mention (as this shows) I am always hovering around here most days, and the reason I do not post is because I just have not had the time to keep up to date with the latest releases.. I REALLY must catch up...

• 1 month later...

Flash,

I hope you don't mind, I changed the name of the topic to suit the availability of the theme. laugh.gif

Of course I don't mind!

I am used to you derailing my topics!!!

;)