All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

playstation 2 games in total

gerble1000

hi guys just for future reference does anyone know how many ps2 games there are u/e

and if so how many gigabytes would you think that would be if i were to store it,

im just after a ball park figure (best guess)

p.s

im not after links to torrents so don't post any thanx

I just looked at our database's and the '[Console] Sony Playstation' mdb has 1281 entries while the '[Console] Sony PlayStation 2' mdb has 1458 entries though I'm sure neither if these are complete, there were a good lot of the early games still only CD size even though they were on DVD but as bkenobi said most were DVD so the complete set would be huge.

I know the PSX games compressed down well to like 300mb a disc but even if you were to get the same compression ratio on DVDs, I'd say your still talking well over the 3.5TB mark for 1500 games and I doubt if they'd compress as well as the PSX games so you could be easily doubling that figure, it's just too hard to tell.

Stu

I think the PSX set was over 700GB, so I would imagine that the PS2 would be more. I think there are less games for PS2 than PSX, but they are DVD's rather than CD's, so...

This question is really not approiate here.. Its best to use Pm's

Id say about 5 terabytes tho

This question is really not approiate here.. Its best to use Pm's

Id say about 5 terabytes tho

wow 3,5-5tb that is a lot of storage space lol

i tried googling it but to no provail,

u guys can close this thread now if u like

cheers guys

wow 3,5-5tb that is a lot of storage space lol

i tried googling it but to no provail,

u guys can close this thread now if u like

cheers guys

Complete collection is 3.2TB. 1541 Games. Thats just for the USA stuff and a few games are still planned. I could be missing a few things, but this is complete from what I can find.

Complete collection is 3.2TB. 1541 Games. Thats just for the USA stuff and a few games are still planned for PS2 launch. I could be missing a few things, but this is complete from what I can find.

chears m8

id need a lot of hard drives then

p,s

can gameex read from two different locations for roms for the same emulator,incase i need a few hard drives

thanx

chears m8

id need a lot of hard drives then

p,s

can gameex read from two different locations for roms for the same emulator,incase i need a few hard drives

thanx

Good luck rippin' them. :) Thats a lot of disks to rip. :P

Also, ya can mod your .CUE's to relect the drives.. So, for example.. Collection A-J is on your D: drive, have your .CUE's say like "d:\PS2\A\AquaAqua.BIN", and then your E: would have like K-S so the .CUE's sould say like "E:\PS2\N\NeedforSpeedCarbon.BIN"..

All your .cue's could then be in your C:\Program Files\GameEx\RomCues\PS2\*.CUE and your PS2 filter in GameEx would be to just look at *.CUE. Then the .CUE's do the work for ya..

Or just use Raid.. Easier to do and just sounds easier. :) But the .CUE option works.. Did this on a network drive for 3DO and Sega Saturn when I filled my PC case and had no more room for HDD's till I bought a server case to hide in the closet. :)

Another option is to mount the drives in windows to specific locations. For example, instead of assigning a drive letter to a hard drive, you can tell it to mount in C:\Emu\PS2\Roms for example. I don't know for sure if it will let you mount more than one drive to the same path though. That would probably confuse the system where to write files to. You can always use multiple drives and set up multiple copies of the emulator with identical settings just pointing to different rom dirs. Then, tell GameEx to combine those emu's in the list and POW! You have all your roms in one list without all the muss and fuss of editing CUE files.