All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Completed Feature Requests (Moved)

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You get more cheeky by the day Emph, fortunatly for you though I am starting to understand your odd sense of humor. :P

I'm starting to think you want to take over development of GameEx? :P

Odd? Who me? I thought I was rather close to the dry British humour that you fellows sport around here. Good to know that the cheekyness ain't getting on your nerves. ;)

I don't have any programming skills, so that's a bad feature request from you, but I'm "good" at coming up with nice features myself if you don't mind me saying so.

Emph

I'm all in for vertical MAME as well (I have a rotateable monitor).

If I succeed in creating a design where the GameEx GUI fits on a 288x640 (maybe even 256x640) screen would you then consider implementing it? (I might have to design a special font). Please!

(Today I work as an art director and I used to do (more than 15 years ago!) lots of graphics for various demo groups on both C64 and Amiga - so I'm used to "pixel challenges" :-))

Yesssssssssss that's great ...

i hope you can do that :)

++

hey tom

ive got a small feature request...mainly for users with there own cabinets.

how about a password prompt for when u exit gameex.

it sounds a little trivual...but i would love it, not sure about everyone else..

chears gerble1000 :rolleyes:

one more thing

this is my system

p4 3ghz

512 ram

nvidea gerforce 6500 256mb ddr2 pci express

200gb hard drive

every now and then , when i boot my computer up with gameex in my startup folder

it will come up with that page full of writing instead of going through to gameex.

i have to click the cross and click gameex again and then it works...

any ideas whats happening cus its happened on every release...it gets a little anoying

when poeple come around to play my cabinet..i think it might be my new graphics card

thanx gerble1000 :(

one more thing

this is my system

p4 3ghz

512 ram

nvidea gerforce 6500 256mb ddr2 pci express

200gb hard drive

every now and then , when i boot my computer up with gameex in my startup folder

it will come up with that page full of writing instead of going through to gameex.

i have to click the cross and click gameex again and then it works...

any ideas whats happening cus its happened on every release...it gets a little anoying

when poeple come around to play my cabinet..i think it might be my new graphics card

thanx  gerble1000 :(

This should be in another thread. Generally something completly unrelated should be a new topic. The page full of writing your referring to is the log, and actually there for a reason, to tell me and you where GameEx failed. Without this, much like telling a doctor "Im ill, cure me" means its impossible to know what's wrong. Although its most likely GameEx is starting before a required service/driver or app.

Any chance of adding ListGen support to the mame sections. It would be really awesome to be able to add my own queries and be able to easily create my own sections.

examples

vertical trackball games

horizontal trackball games (not including clones)

horizontal trackball games (including clones)

vertical spinner games

horizontal spinner games (not including clones)

horizontal spinner games (including clones)

Listgen does a wonderful job of generating every kind of list you could think of quickly.

Any chance of adding ListGen support to the mame sections. It would be really awesome to be able to add my own queries and be able to easily create my own sections. 

examples

vertical trackball games

horizontal trackball games (not including clones)

horizontal trackball games (including clones)

vertical spinner games

horizontal spinner games (not including clones)

horizontal spinner games (including clones)

Listgen does a wonderful job of generating every kind of list you could think of quickly.

Looks interesting. I am wanting to build support for adding custom lists to GameEx. Not sure this is the best approach, but could you please add a link where I can read a little a bit about it. Thanks.

Looks interesting. I am wanting to build support for adding custom lists to GameEx. Not sure this is the best approach, but could you please add a link where I can read a little a bit about it. Thanks.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=28321.0 is where buddabing first announced it.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?...92074#msg492074 is where he updated it to xml support.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=36762.0 talks about a .net version.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=35694.0 some other stuff on the .net version.

It is a cool little utility that lets you give it a query and it produces a list of games in one of several formats. It's super quick, small and open source. Uses SQLlite libaray.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=30189.0 is an example of a small 10ish line bat file that enables you to do on the fly list generation in mamewah. Ie you are on arkanoid in the frontend, hit a button that loads this batch file, it finds you all games like arkanoid in catver.ini. I realize you already have a feature sortof like this in gameex, but it just shows how flexable it is.

Is there any way you could add some type of database with a little history on various Emu ROMS? Like the one in Mame (history.dat), but written for other emulators / libraries? And make it easily accessible so one could add their own descriptions? That would pretty much put the finishing nails in an already amazing FE.

:)

Also... I thought it would look even more appealing if you could insert logos for your RSS / Streaming Radio links?

Always looking for the extra cabinet bling. :D

Thanks, and again... Awesome program! Keep up the hard work!

Just a reminder:

1. Feature requests for GameEx are activly encouraged.

2. Donations are entirely optional, and have no relation to new features, requests for features, requests for support, or my time.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Jsut a quick one: in the config screen, can you change it so that when the info comes up (rollover info?), it stays on until a key is pressed, instead off diasappearing after a set time? I can't read that fast for a lot of the screens!

Tom,

I saw this on RetroBlast and was wondering if there was a way to incorporate it into GameEx:

"It Freakin' Talks! - PowerMAME 0.105.0.0 beta Released!!!

Posted by: James McGovern

PowerMAME Speaks

Are you kidding me? Talking MAME, that's right TALKING MAME!!!! Mike Quinlan, the programmer behind the PowerMAME project has just earned my total respect and admiration with this new release of his MAME port which features speech routines that can give you some history on the game you are about to play as well as describe the controls that are used for each game. Couple this with the LED Wiz support and your control panel not only talks, but also lights up the controls used as part of the demonstration.

Ok, I have had more than one cup of coffee here, but you have got to see the movie Mike is hosting on the PowerMAME site, it just blew me away with the overall WOW factor.

Make sure and check out the details at the PowerMAME project site and chime in on the project at BYOAC

PowerMAME Speaks! (WMV)"

Just a reminder:

1. Feature requests for GameEx are activly encouraged.

2. Donations are entirely optional, and have no relation to new features, requests for features, requests for support, or my time.

Tom

Tom-

It would be nice to sort by category of game type, specifically light gun, but other game types would be great- thanks.

I was wondering, if in the jukebox section the structure could be more WM like. I only mean this in one respect, under artist, organize the songs by album, or make the albums separate categories under artist so that you can choose to play all, or open up an individual album for play. I hope thats not too much of a jumble i'm bad at portraying my ideas but there it is for consideration, thanks.

I'd like to bring in something, that has been somehow already discussed before, however I couldn't find a definite answer for.

I've read that the cover arts for the music albums are downloaded from amazon.com which is in my eyes for different reasons far away from being perfect.

1. You need to be online (which is not too likely for many people with a Mame-Cabinet :( )

2. Amazon is not very precise in its choice ("special versions" of an album are usually not recognized as such)

3. If you're a step away from the mainstream of rock and pop it's hopeless...

4. the quality of the pics is not the best

Isn't it possible to include a feature that the jukebox uses locally stored pics of the covers? I think most of the people (like me) store their music in subfolders sorted by album. Why not simply include a jpg (or png) to this folder that is used? If present it is used, if not there could still be the fallback to download it from amazon.

The creamtop of course would be to have the frontside and/or backside pics to be displayed B)

I'm not a programmer (apart from "Hello word" in different languages :rolleyes: ), but to me it looks like an easily task to implement. It should be basically the same as it is alreay used for the mame screenshots, marquees and so on... .

Greets,

nullus

hi tom

how about a feature that enables you to search for games

so for example you type mario in the search box and get a list like

mario brothers

mario kart mario kart 64

super mario brothers

mario 2

mario golf

mario tennis

and so on:

i think this would be a cool feature as my mates

asked me have you any mario games

???

thanx gerble1000

I would really like a way to remap the joypad keys that game ex uses to terminate mame. GameEx, currently, will terminate mame if up + left + 4 + 5 + 6 is pressed on a joypad. This could be bad for certain games, like the 6 button fighting kind. I would like to see either a way to remap this like the other emulators, or a way to disable the feature (for mame only).

Thanks for all the hard work!