All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

emulators start in second screen

neight

I know this is probably a basic question so just bear with me. This is the only thing currently holding me back from buying GameEx. I run GameEx in my secondary display which is my HDTV. Problem is when I startup the emulator it starts up in my primary display(my PC monitor). How do I change this? pSX emulator has an option to start in the secondary display but other emulators like nestopia don't.

A similar question was asked recently and the guy ended up using UltraMon and switching his Primary display to his secondary monitor before running GameEx and then switching back for regular use. Doing it that way will mean all software will run on your secondary monitor even if there is no built in support for multiple displays.

True, there are some emulators that will allow you to choose the output screen, but this question was in regards to GameEx as written. At the moment, there is no way to send GameEx to the second screen on startup. Therefore, you have to switch your primary display to secondary.

It would be possible to script this event so that you launch the script, it switches screens, and GameEx starts up. Also, it could be done by scripting GameEx starting and moving it to the second screen when it pops up. Either way would work.