All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Is there a Rom Filter for folders under Emulators

Oqqalz

Confused?! So, was I when I wrote the topic. I am trying to integrate Frets On Fire into GameEx as an emulator and make the songs for it like the "Roms". However, in Frets On Fire, each song has numerous associated files, and they are rolled into a single folder for the song.

Now, back to my question, is there any such rom filter that will make it display the names of all the folders and when selected, start the emulator and I can use [RomFolder] as the parameter for my command line? You know something like a Rom Filter of [Folders]?

Anyone? Anyone? Speirs? Speirs?

Confused?! So, was I when I wrote the topic. I am trying to integrate Frets On Fire into GameEx as an emulator and make the songs for it like the "Roms". However, in Frets On Fire, each song has numerous associated files, and they are rolled into a single folder for the song.

Now, back to my question, is there any such rom filter that will make it display the names of all the folders and when selected, start the emulator and I can use [RomFolder] as the parameter for my command line? You know something like a Rom Filter of [Folders]?

Well you could with something like this

Frets.exe "[rompath]/[rom]/[romfile]"

This would of course mean that your ROM name would have to be the same as the subfolder name.

You would also need a Map file. (At least Ive seen this in other configs.)

Have fun

I dunno, as I dont have the game and setup. You sound like one of my old school teachers or head boy or something calling me Speirs though!

i made map files for all my FoF song listing. since gameex doesnt have the feature to make multiple game lists per emulator yet. On FoF's fourms theres a cool song manager app that will export your song names and folder names to .txt. Here's a example map file for GH3 songs

GHIII_song_list.map.txt

i made map files for all my FoF song listing. since gameex doesnt have the feature to make multiple game lists per emulator yet. On FoF's fourms theres a cool song manager app that will export your song names and folder names to .txt. Here's a example map file for GH3 songs

Such a brilliant idea. Thanks.

yeah it works great, only issue is anytime you add new songs to your setup you have to redo the map files or they wont show up. you have to setup each map file as its own emulator for this to work

No problem. I am a master script writer. Creating one to parse the artist and song title from the song.ini then rename the folder as such and create the matching text file will be easy.

Update: I found the thread where this idea spawned from.

http://www.gameex.info/forums/index.php?s=...ost&p=28658

Perhaps that will shed somemore light on its exectution