All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Backup Folder???

Lord Zog

With Windows XP SP3 around the weekend.. (Supposed to be Tuesday or so), do I just backup my "C:\Program Files\GameEx" folder to keep my settings after install or another folder? Can I just backup my "C:\Program Files\GameEx\Data\" folder?? I am doing a complete format and reinstall as with all SP's, we get Kernel updates not avail from patches, which means, possible speed increases.. :) lol..

Lemme know as I am backing up everything important from my boot drive and will be formatting as soon as XP SP3 is released and integreated into my XP cd for a new install. It's due anyways... Haven't formatted since XP SP2. :) Thanks!

With Windows XP SP3 around the weekend.. (Supposed to be Tuesday or so), do I just backup my "C:\Program Files\GameEx" folder to keep my settings after install or another folder? Can I just backup my "C:\Program Files\GameEx\Data\" folder?? I am doing a complete format and reinstall as with all SP's, we get Kernel updates not avail from patches, which means, possible speed increases.. :) lol..

Lemme know as I am backing up everything important from my boot drive and will be formatting as soon as XP SP3 is released and integreated into my XP cd for a new install. It's due anyways... Haven't formatted since XP SP2. :) Thanks!

Hi, this should be covered in the FAQ, but yes entire folder, then install latest version over the top.

I wanted to throw in I just updated to VISTA SP1 and everything is fine.

:)

Yup.. Works fine on my XPS m1730 with Vista Home Premium and SP1.. But, my main emu machine is XP as a few emu's don't play nice with Vista quite yet.. :( That and I find XP is a tad quicker than Vista and with SP3,, they say its even faster than XP with SP2. :) lol.. If I don't see a big improvement tho, I will be using Vista on my emu machine as soon as those broken emus (2 of them) are updated. :P

I figured it was just a matter of copying the complete folder, but wanted to make sure.. Thanks fer the info. :)