All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Auto-Update

alexdog69

I've been having a problem with it timing out this evening. I wrote it off as a personal problem due to torrent activity, but it's possible it's on Tom's end. I believe it eventually did complete the download and install of 9.10.

Hello,

I have had trouble with the 9.09 and 9.10 updates - downlaods the updates, starts the install, and then errors out. But If I download the GameEXSetup.EXE and run that, it isntalls without a hitch.

Regards,

Dwight.

Hello,

I have had trouble with the 9.09 and 9.10 updates - downlaods the updates, starts the install, and then errors out. But If I download the GameEXSetup.EXE and run that, it isntalls without a hitch.

Regards,

Dwight.

Its working fine here. It must be some kind of network problem. Maybe theres an issue with too many folks hitting the site. Hope not.

EDIT: It would be most helpful if I knew what the error was.

Thanks, but that doesnt really help - like my earlier post without the error message. This time I have posted the log files with the error message however.

My machine just rebooted and made another attempt to update - I watched the blue bar grow across the screen, it seems to download OK without dropping out early etc, but as soon as the blue bar touches the other side, this error pops up - would that be the beginning of stage 2? (see earlier post for logs attachment)

03:15:33.6 14/02/2008: Performing Auto Update

03:15:33.7 14/02/2008: Performing Automatic Update

03:37:58.8 14/02/2008: Closing database connection

03:37:58.8 14/02/2008: GameEx is exiting with errors

03:38:00.5 14/02/2008: ERRORS DETECTED: EXITING

Regards,

Dwight.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, same error occured when auto-updating with v9.12 (not that 9.12 should have addressed this, just mentioning it). Downloading and isntalling works without a problem.

Is anyone else still having problems with auto-updates?

Perhaps it a corrupt, database file? Any pointers on how to troubleshoot this problem?

thanks,

Dwight.

Have you tried downloading and installing from the GameEx site as opposed to auto updating?

.:EDIT:. My GameEx terminated after downloading the update also, but still continued to install after GameEx crashed. Crazy...

Have you tried downloading and installing from the GameEx site as opposed to auto updating?

.:EDIT:. My GameEx terminated after downloading the update also, but still continued to install after GameEx crashed. Crazy...

Yep, downloading and isntalling works without a problem every time. It's only the automatic download that fails. I guess I'll have to turn that feature off for a while.

Thanks,

Dwight.