All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

O/T - What Is MCE2005 Like For A HTPC Setup ?

iano

Hi. Just curious as to what MCE2005 is like. I'm getting a pc out of work and i was thinking of putting this on it. I want it for music/movies and GameEX/Emulators.

Cheers,

ian.

:)

Its good, but if your not going to use it fully with TV and DVR you might as well just stick with GameEx (and people will vouch for that), but some may disagree. Its more polished than GameEx for movies and DVD's, but I dont think the music side is any better in my opinion.

Its good, but if your not going to use it fully with TV and DVR you might as well just stick with GameEx (and people will vouch for that), but some may disagree. Its more polished than GameEx for movies and DVD's, but I dont think the music side is any better in my opinion.

Cheers Tom. Can't say i'll be using the TV/DVR.

Cheers Tom. Can't say i'll be using the TV/DVR.

If no TV/DVR, you could always try MediaPortal. Thats what I use.. Great as a DVD player interface as well if you rip movies ot HDD. If not, just stick with GameEx as yur main frontEnd.. You can use MediaPortal and GameEx at the same time as well. :)

I havent found a perfect HTPC program, but I chose MCE2005 for mine. Mostly because its the most polished looking and easiest for anyone to use. Since im not the only one who uses it. I also like the mymovies plugin better than the dvd on disk of gameex.

While we are on the subject tom, I also think the MCE does a better job with the pictures. gameex seems to zoom way to much and I cant see alot of the picture. Thats my opinion.

For music however I like gameex alot better.